“Beautiful views and great cuisine”
Review of Cenobio Dei Dogi

Cenobio Dei Dogi
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Camogli
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Me and husband had a 1 day stop over in Camogli and restaurant Dei Dogi was recommended by our tour guide. We were not disappointed. Focaccia bread was brought out first, simply melted in the mouth. We ordered ravioli w/walnut sauce and pesto pasta... both to die for. We were serviced pretty quick and definitely with great attention. The cost of lunch was obviously not cheap, taken into consideration the place where restaurant was set.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am staying for 3 nights in this 4 star hotel with my husband and a group of friends. Although the website says there is Air conditioner, they don' t turn it on so THERE IS NO AIR CONDITIONER on it. It's an old central Air conditioner system and they turn it on just in special occasions... My husband woke up during the night complanning about the hot temperature inside the room, the day after all my friends told me the same. I got to the reception and talked with the manager PAOLA and she was so IMPOLITE telling me my husband was sick... Who she think she is telling me such an insane thing like that?
I've never seen an hotel staff so arrogant like her. It sound me so stupid that I didnt believe. This person must do a trainning course to learn how to treat gests... This hotel is not a 4 star hotel ever! Seems like 2 star or less. Didnt worth the money I payd.
Seems like a trapp!
Don' t recomend to my enemy...

HOTELCENOBIODEIDOGI, Direttore at Cenobio Dei Dogi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Guest,
We regret that you and Paola became involved in two misunderstandings, and that you have been left with an unpleasant memory of your stay with us.
The first misunderstanding was related to the fact that the air conditioning in our hotel is operative from 1st June to 30th September, though in some particularly warm years, it is switched on in May.
Other times, like this season, with the unusually rainy weather we've had in May, the outdoor temperatures were quite low, especially at night, and our guests would have complained of the cold if the climate control system had already been switched from heating to air conditioning.
It is therefore incorrect to say that our air conditioning system is old, and that we only turn it on now and then: it is working all the time, only it was producing warm air, rather than cold.
I did not have the opportunity to check the thermostat in your room, but considering the outdoor temperatures during the month of May this year, I can confirm that you certainly had the heating switched on.
The second misunderstanding, which arose when Paola pointed out that if your husband was hot and sweaty even though it was cold outside, there might be another reason for his condition. Although her comment was perhaps was a bit unfortunate, she was certainly not being rude.
Once again, I am very sorry about this misunderstanding, and I regret even more that what should have been a lovely memory was damaged by your thought that we do no do our best to assist our guests, and even go so far as to mistreat them which, I repeat, is untrue.
We welcome all your comments, whether positive or negative, as they help us improve our service.
Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Breakfast is pretty standard Italian, but lunch and dinner were to a very high standard. My only complaint was a shortage of higher-quality wines by the glass.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

HIgh quality, creative and delicious. Best dishes: pistachio cream puff pastry with chocolate sauces, fresh fish, champagne risotto...lots to enjoy, including gorgeous view.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This chef dares, but he respects Italian flavours. You can also ask for classic local dishes, but I suggest accepting the chef's propositions. Definitely not overcharged.