Hotel Barriere L'Hotel du Lac
US$155
US$146
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Marie-Louise(Enghien Les Bains)
US$98
US$95
Ibis Saint Gratien(Saint Gratien)
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
US$51
Ibis Paris Epinay Sur Seine(Epinay sur Seine)(Great Value!)
US$74
Travelocity
US$62
US$58
Agoda.com
All reviewsoffers plentybeautiful lakegreat spacentral parisevery morningtrain stationswimming poolnice hotelcomfortable bedsroom with a lake viewspa accessdu lacsaunaseminarhammamparisianbarriere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent 2 nights in this lovely hotel next to the beautiful lake. Although the drive towards the hotel made me suspect different (a very poor area just in front of the beautiful area surrounding the lake), which made me feel a bit sad for the local people surrounding the hotel. The spa is nice but not as awesome as I would have expected seeing the pictures. The hotel restaurant is overpriced for the quality of food you are getting and you should better just cross the street to the restaurant located next to the lake. This one has a better view and better value for money.
Overall I can remind it for some lovely short get-away with your loved one.

The only other small problem I had with the hotel was an airco which was not working resulting in a very warm room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Spent 4 days at this property located opposite a gorgeous lake in the village of Enghien. The hotel is classy but the rooms are slightly dated. Mine was big and very comfortable and had a good bathroom (with toilette in separate cubilcle). It was freezing outside, but the room temperature was great and the air remained fresh in spite of the heating, not dry and scorching like in many other hotels. Huge bed with soft and warm linen, really cosy.
The breakfast was fine (I had the business breakfast, not the regular one). Still, it had fresh bread and pastries, plenty of yogourts and jams and the usual bacon and eggs. The coffee was c***, fortunately the conference had several Nespresso machines that saved my morning. As pointed by other travellers, the breakfast staff is particularly inexpressive/unhelpful. A colleague had her family staying with her and they were told to go get their breakfast where they could, since that dining hall was exclusively for business people. Not very polite, was it? Generally, requests were greeted with "what a nuisance" faces.
The hotel location, on the other hand, is great. You can have your morning "coffee" watching the lake and Casino. I liked Enghien-les-Bains for a short visit. It's a quaint village with some nice eateries and relaxed atmosphere, very different from the hectic touristy downtown Paris.

Room Tip: It seems that rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors have been renovated.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a colleague for a short business trip to Genneviliers.

Arrived early evening to a warm welcome from the reception and was impressed.

The room, mine was on the 4th floor, had a great view of the Lake all lit up with a water display in the early evening. The bathroom and loo were both a bit tired and could do with a makeover.

The restaurant was open but no staff present when we went in to ask about dinner that night at about 1930h. So we walked across the road to the oval restaurant almost directly opposite the hotel. Good meal, and staff.

If possible ask for a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the Lake.

Breakfast was a buffet, which was ok, but none of the staff could raise a smile.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

After I read the reviews, I arrived expecting a very quiet and dead location. While Enghien-Les-Bains in not Paris, it's a charming village with several nice restaurants and shops. The hotel faces a beautiful lake, is right in front of a casino.

I was in room 258. One of the guests told me it's in the newer section of the hotel. My room did not have a view.

The hotel has a very nice spa and gym. The bathroom is comfortable,and the internet is acceptable.

The hotel is definitely older, and could use an upgrade.

Almost all the staff speak English, and were helpful.

My only complaint is that you have to take another elevator from the second floor for rooms 230-258 and go to floor 4! The reception simply told me to go to the 2nd floor, and it took me a while to figure out where to go.

So far it's been a fine stay, and if I am aware in Enghien-Les-Bains, I would be harpy to stay here. I cannot imagine going to Enghien-Les_bains again though, unless I had another function here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sean J
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This has been a very nice hotel with great lakeside views.
But the rooms and especially the bathrooms are in desperate need of renovation.
The breakfast staff was very inattentive with non cleaned up tables, cleaning bottle on table next to us. The chipped crockery was standard.
Clearly the manager had a few weeks off or he should redo his hospitality course.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business