“not recommended for bad experience”

Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Montrouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“not recommended for bad experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

stayed here for 3 nights last 30July14 to 02Aug14 and I won't be staying in this hotel again. It is a long walk from metro station (opposed to what they are advertising from the website). Only 2 outlets for a triple room and when I requested for one extension cord, they did not give me any when in fact one of the hotel staff told me to get from reception. I requested for a towel at around 12am and I was asked to go down and get it myself since they do not have someone to bring it to my room. Their room is so tiny that we do not have place for our luggages!!! Also, on the first day, someone cleaned our room and to our surprise, all of out loose things are placed in one bed while the two other beds were clean. (it was not my bed though that was a mess but my friend's-so I am writing this on her behalf as she was disgusted when all the loose things such as bags, chargers etc were put on her bed).

Also, one bad things is that there are no restaurants where you can eat decent food near the hotel vicinity. There is one Carrefour market near though!

I won't recommend this hotel at all. You rather stay in the city where you pay a slightly small difference but worth the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Metzmets
hebergementppo, Responsable réception at Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans, responded to this review, 13 November 2014
Dear ,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am very sorry to read that on this occasion you have not been pleased with the service provided. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service, and I am sorry that you have felt that the service provided was not to your expected standard.
If you could please contact me at h0635-dm2@accor,com with any further information about which service in particular was not to your satisfaction, please do let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned / granted we know its a budget hotel , and this review will make no difference what so ever , but hey the rudest staff we have ever encounterd really not interested / check inn and out manic , rooms shoe box with a bed nothing else what more can i say ,, find somewhere else

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spurs61
Dear Spurs61 ,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these Montrouge hotels

Bangalore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hi there, Ibis is a good stay for budget oriented planning. They maintain clean room, good reception service, friendly bar server.

Rooms are very small It becomes stuffy at night as the AC does not work. Bathrooms are maintained neat but arguably small, cannot take bath peacefully water spills all over the floor and it becomes difficult to dry it. TV option is available , wooden slabs are provided to place your stuff. They do not give any kettle, water or Coffee/tea . Do not forget to carry water bottles with you.
This hotel is far from the metro station, you may have to walk atleast 15 mins to reach metro station. The road is safe you can walk around easily.

People travelling from places other than Europe please carry the Universal adapter to charge your electronic devices.

Room Tip: Take rooms at higher floors so that you can open the windows at night. else it becomes really stuffy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sonu Murthy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, but I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have noted your comments and will review them with our team accordingly.
I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis Paris Porte d'Orléans again in the future for a better experience on your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Noida, India
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We traveled to Paris intending to see the city and spend in a budget accomodation. However, what we got wasn't something we bargained for.

We booked for 3 people and got a small 8X10 room with a couple of beds and bunk over it. The ventilation was poor and the ac was weak.

The bath space was small and of glass, if you are traveling with folks from office like I was, it gets a little tricky..

I would not choose it again if I could.

On the flip side, the guy @ the reception was helpful and guided us on the things to see and do in Paris well.

We didn't really mind the hotel in the end because we loved the City!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hospital or should i say budget hotel for 3nights from 20 July to 23 July 2014. The reception staff were just bored totally disconnected from the days job. The check in was quick, the only conversation was your room is on the 9th floor the lift is on the left. The hotel is as basic as they come, the plus for this hotel is that the cleaning staff do a good job.
The hotel is about eight to 10minutes walk from hotel. It might be five minutes jog definetly not if you aere walking. The metro ride from Gare du norde is exactly 23minutes ride on line 4, so in all from Gare du nord to the hotel should take no longer than 35minutes. we didn't bother eating here as we felt the service might be poor. I hear they have wifi at the hotel we weren't offered and could not pick up the wifi signal from the hotel room. I phoned up the reception to enquire about the possibility of getting an iron and ironing board the receptionist picked up the phone i heard on the sixth floor the phone went dead and that was it. They do have an iron and ironing board in a small room. The iron is worst for wear i had to go without ironing for the three days i stayed at this hotel.

Room Tip: If good service is not a problem for you, then this hotel might be a cheap option the room we stayed...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
hebergementppo, Responsable réception at Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans, responded to this review, 26 November 2014
Dear Francisco,

Thank you so much for your review. I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Ibis Paris Porte d'Orléans and for your positive comments about the service.
However, I am sorry to hear that it was not the perfect stay on this occassion due to some staff and I shall communicate this to our management team to ensure this will not re-occur in the future.
We hope that this will not stop you from returning to our hotel, and hope to welcome you back soon in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrouge
Ibis Styles Paris Porte d'Orleans
Ibis budget Paris Porte d'Orleans
Hotel Arc Paris Porte D'Orleans
Ibis Paris Porte d'Italie
Novotel Paris 14 Porte d'Orleans
Mercure Paris Porte d'Orleans

Been to Ibis Paris Porte d'Orleans? Share your experiences!