“Nice place for a young couple”

Hotel Studios Phenicio
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Vanves
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Nice place for a young couple”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very nice place in quiet neighbourhood. Comfortable bed, all household appliances works well, including washing machine. Near the apartment there are lots of small cheap ethnical restaurants, two pizzerias and supermarket right in house. It's not far from metro station and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the centre of Paris (Champs Elysee).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Vanves
Reviewed 20 March 2013

- Booked and paid in advance for two rooms - only one room reserved
- Parking place: forgotten
- Extremely dirty
- Mattresses with plastic wrap
- Could here whisper people in the rooms next door
- Not heated although it was snowing

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank R T

Travellers are raving about these Vanves hotels

UK
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This place is shocking, turned up at 7.30pm after an exhausting day at a exhibition, from the details that were sent, this place was 15mins walk, they are joking, took me 40mins !

Checked in at reception to be told my room was down the road about 4 streets down, finally found place, got the shock of my life, 85€ for a night, you must be kidding, this place is easily the worst place I have ever stopped, 3 flights of stairs and hair in the bed from previous occupant !

There wasn't anything I liked about this hole, apart from company paid the bill, need I go on ?

Don't do it, trust me, I don't know why I even put a rating, maybe reception staff pleasant, that's the only reason.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pabloisno1
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Well, I thought this was a great place and booked it three months in advance online. They had trouble with my card, so I used a different one and it worked. Then, I emailed them to confirm and book a parking place too. They said sure but my card wasn't working. Ok, so I confirmed my card and they said it was all ok. Then a week before I get an email saying my room was cancelled because my card wasn't working. So, I call them. The womans says 'oh yeah, but its ok we have a place for you'. So, we show up after driving 8 hrs to Paris and they have NO room for us. I was beyond mad. The people behind the desk didn't care and I was too mad to even fight them. So we had to drive around Paris until 10pm looking for a room. Book at your own risk.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tia J
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 October 2012

it wasn't a bad thing. It is actually an apartment. There are people that live here fulltime and they rent out the vacant rooms as hotel stays.
Good: Private. Nice neighborhood. In room washer. Private bathroom. Few blocks walk to subway.
Bad: Stairs. Lots of tiny, spiral stairs. Not good for people that have trouble with mobility. Only internet is 3 blocks away at office. Yeah, office is 3 blocks away.
Picture on here is very accurate.
It was our first time in Paris and I liked we weren't right in the city. There is a great italian place between location and subway. Great to stop in and grab dinner to take back to room after exhausting day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The rooms are nothing like the ones in the photos or at lest the room we got. It was a lot of money and we wanted to upgrade a bit from hostels. Well most the true hostels we have stayed at where cheaper and better then this "hotel". Dirty rooms, small rooms, and this "kitchen" doesn't exist. If you put a microwave in a room it doesn't make it a kitchen.

Room Tip: Just don't go to this hotel thats my tip. You can spend the same amount of the money at better h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cuvasea
Amsterdam
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights here while in Paris for the French Open. We were not expecting a Hotel, but having stayed in 2 star hotels and youth hostels for the same price (one of them in Paris!) we were definitely expecting more than what the Hotel Studios Phenicio presented us with.

The room was extremely small. This would be ok if everything was in working order or at the very least, clean, but it was not. The shower had massive patches of mould in the corners and the tap in the bathroom had old toothpaste spatter all over it. The taps in the 'kitchen' were also dirty with some or other spatter. Our toilet seat (not just the lid) was COMPLETELY BROKEN. It quite literally slipped right off if you sat on it, to the point where we had to leave the entire thing on the floor in the bathroom. This was shocking.

The shower head continually slipped down and the water pressure was inconsistent (at times almost no water pressure at all).

The room was incredibly noisy, not only from the other guests in the residence, but especially from the traffic outside. It was too warm with the window closed (especially on a bunk bed 30cm from the roof), however the shutter was broken and could only swing open or be tied closed with a makeshift string. Even with the window closed the noise was unbearable.

The 'Hotel' recommends that you reserve parking in advance. This costs €15 p/d, however upon arrival we found that there was free parking on the street. We were the last people to check in at about 23:00 and we managed to find parking less than 50m from the Hotel where we were able to leave our car for 2 days free of charge.

The Hotel's one redeeming factor is it's proximity to the Metro station (about 5 min walk), however most areas in Paris are easily accessible via Metro stations and for the same price you could stay somewhere cleaner, quieter and as convenient.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dominique S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vanves
Adagio Access Vanves Porte de Versailles
Ibis Paris Porte de Vanves Parc des Expositions
Ibis Budget Paris Porte de Vanves
B&B Hotel Paris Malakoff Parc des Expositions
Mercure Paris Porte de Versailles Expo
Adagio City Aparthotel Montrouge

Been to Hotel Studios Phenicio? Share your experiences!