We stayed two nights during the second weekend of June/2013.
We chose this hotel because we were looking for a budget hotel in Paris during our stay that would be as closest as possible to Roland Garros as we would be watching the semifinals of the tournament. Although not very close, it was still on the southwestern part of the city and the commute to RG was quite easy.
The hotel is not the best Ibis I have stayed so far, but it was ok. The lobby room is recently refurbished and the rooms got everything you would expect from an Ibis Hotel. Vanves is a nice residential area, and the hotel is very close to the nearest metro station which was handy.
- Cheap compared to other hotels in Paris, which makes a huge difference as it is an extremely expensive city to visit.
- Close to public transportation. Easy commute to Central Paris (15 minutes from Montparnasse Bienvenue). The hotel is still on Zone 2, so it is still the cheapest transport tariff you can get.
- The comfort of a Ibis hotel, which for me is enough for a city short break.
- I advise you to ask for a room facing the back of the building, as the road where the hotel is located is quite busy and there is cars passing constantly. We stayed in a room in the second floor facing the road. It wasn't extremely disturbing, but I guess someone that needs a very quiet environment to fall asleep will have some troubles.
- The walls are paper thuin and you can hear pretty much everything from other rooms, but on the brighter side the hotel is quite small so there are not that much people around anyway. We did not have problems during our stay to get a proper sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The completely non smoking Ibis Paris Vanves Parc des Expositions is 10 minutes walk from the Porte de Versailles exhibition centre and 1.5 km from the Palais des Sports events centre. Located on metro line 13 (Malakoff Plateau de Vanves station), whichtakes you to Montparnasse and the Champs Elysees in minutes, the hotel offers 71 airconditioned rooms, a 24 hour bar, WiFi wireless internet access. Restaurants close by. Limited pay parking, reservations required. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Paris Porte de Vanves Parc des Expositions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris Vanves Parc Expo Hotel Vanves