Although this is an airport hotel, we actually used it as a holiday base for four nights. The location is perfect because we were in the hotel just shortly after arriving at the airport. There's a telephone right outside the terminal (easily signposted) where you call the hotel and they send you a shuttle bus to pick you up in a couple of minutes. The Pullman is perfect if you have a car because it's within easy driving distance from Aix-en-Provence, Montpellier, Marseille, Nimes, Arles, Cassis etc. Also, if you might think that an airport hotel would be noisy, you can rest assured that it's not. I can confirm that you don't really hear the planes ... the hotel is quite "peaceful". Also, we had quite a nice view of the sea from our room windows!
We are a family of four and we booked two rooms which were interconnected. The rooms were quite spacious and very clean with LCD TVs getting stations from all over the world. The fitness centre is not that large (just one threadmill) but it was fine for me. My wife and daughter enjoyed the sauna and turkish bath.
Staff were quite friendly but I surely must commend to the management, the lady in charge of breakfast. She was extremely sweet and helpful and she really made that extra effort to make you feel welcome. I'm sorry we never got to know her name. Speaking of breakfast, you get the usual bacon, sausages, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, cereals, pastries, fruit etc. - a very good b'fast really.
Why not five stars? Well there were some minor points... for instance,though the rooms are equipped with tea making facilities there was no tea and milk and it really took hours before these were provided. Also, shower gel provided was for one person only even though it was clear that the room was being shared by two. Bar was quite expensive ...6 euros for a cappuccino!!!
But all in all I reiterate that this was a very good hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman Marseille Provence Airport hotel is 3 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the Aix-en-Provence TGV train station. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms are perfect for relaxing in. The fully-equipped, modular meeting facilities can accommodate up to 250 guests. WIFI is available free of charge in all areas. The 4-star hotel has a bright restaurant-lounge bar with terraces. It is easy to reach with the 24-hr airport shuttle service, or you can park in the free enclosed car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Hotel.de, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Marseille Provence Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Marseille Provence Hotel Marignane
- Pullman Hotel Marignane
- Pullman Hotel Marseille Provence
- Pullman Marseille Provence Airport Provence-Alpes-Cote D'Azur/Marignane, France