“One of the nicest airport hotels I have stayed at.”

Pullman Marseille Provence Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Marignane
Seattle, Washington
“One of the nicest airport hotels I have stayed at.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Pullman hotel has an updated, modern decor with a friendly staff and amenities designed around a business traveler. The hotel is located very close to the airport with multiple shuttles, while the exterior of the building doesn't look like much, the inside was surprisingly welcoming and contemporary with bright splashes of colour and tasteful urban furniture. The staff spoke English very well and were friendly, but mostly efficient, which I can appreciate. While you can tell the building was older, my room felt comfortable, modern, spacious, and tastefully decorated. There was a flatscreen TV with many channel choices from Spanish to American news channels. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, I couldn't hear any planes (being near an airport I look for that), but I did hear the guy in the next room sneezing (A LOT!). I had dinner in their restaurant - the food was fantastic and the choices all appealing. The wait staff was friendly, courteous but mostly stayed out of my way. I ordered the octopus, which was portioned correctly, but the pistacio creme brulee was AMAZING. I had it again the second night I was there. The only thing preventing the complete 5 star rating was the sparseness of the gym facility. For a business traveler like myself, I usually choose a hotel that has a better than average gym. The Pullman gym was adequate, clean with newer machines, but a little cramped and not enough choices for most obsessive workout people like myself.

In summary, you can't go wrong at this hotel. It's on par with a Hilton or Sheraton but with friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Get the creme brulee, it was awesome!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PMP13, Directeur général at Pullman Marseille Provence Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear SeattleBoarder2013,

I would like to thank you for your comment, I will share it with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Do not hesitate to contact directly Laure Gouiran, our Quality Manager, to organize your next stay. We are looking forward to see you again in Pullman Marseille Provence for a long time.
Yours faithfully.

Jean Marc LEPAN - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at the Pullman Airport location for the sheer convenience and location to the airport (you could actually walk if there were sidewalks). The price was decent, the rooms were clean the shuttle was super convenient and fast. We dropped our rental car at the airport the day before the flight and the Budget counter called the hotel shuttle - it arrived in minutes. We had to leave the hotel at 5 am the next morning and the shuttle and staff were very accommodating and punctual that morning as well. The rooms were comfortable, the French toile room décor seemed a bit outdated compared to the modern (Aloft-like) feel of the lobby. The staff was accommodating, but not overly friendly. They did speak English and we spoke a bit a French. The pool looked nice, but we were too short on time to take a dip.

ALERT - the nearest restaurant is 30 to 45 minutes from the hotel, so we dined at the hotel. The food was a bit overpriced, but good.

Overall a good airport hotel - one of the higher/highest rated airport hotels in Marignane. Their is a Keurig-like espresso machine in the lobby with water and biscuits for breakfast on the go.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Kim M,

Yours faithfully.

London
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

What do you do with a Sofitel when its old and broken? Re-name it "Pullman"! I stayed at this hotel recently because of its convenient location and the promise of something more than a standard airport offering; the reality is a disappointing example of corporate greed. My room had a filthy carpet, broken fittings, broken telephone, damaged furniture and a single glass for a double room with double occupancy. The reception has all the style of a (budget) airline lounge and welcome drink (water) is served from a Nespresso station that does not provide coffee! Service is very unresponsive...I mentioned on checking out that this was the dirtiest hotel that I had ever stayed in. The response, a curt..."I don't know about that".

If this is indicative of other pullman properties, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear CorinthianLondon,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you spent in writing a comment on Tripadvisor website. Actually, for us, each guest is unique and all your comments are very important to improve the quality of our services.

You highlighted some difficulties encountered during you last stay in our hotel. I am really sorry to read your disappointment and I wish to present you my most sincere apologises.

We attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and your satisfaction; but, with your Tripadvisor pseudo, it is more difficult for us to understand when it occurred and how.
Actually, if I understand certain remarks for other, I do not understand but it is really important for us to correct it as quick as possible.
Then, do not hesitate to contact directly Laure Gouiran, our Quality Manager, to discuss with her. She is at your entire disposal to cope with your situation and to find the best solution as possible to stay closer from your expectations

We are looking forward to see you again in Pullman Marseille Provence.
I transmit you my most sincere and warm greetings.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After a week sleeping in a mushy bed in our rented house, it was great to get a good night's sleep prior to flying home. Two minutes from the airport in the free shuttle, you couldn't ask for a better location if you're headed to the airport. The best part of the stay was the service. We needed to drop our car off at the rental and the shuttle followed us there. When he realized that we needed to fill the car up he led us to the gas station, helped us with the fill up, since we had trouble with the credit card, then back to the rental spot. Called to the hotel then, he promised to be back in a few minutes, while we returned the car. 10 minutes later he was back and quickly drove us back to the hotel. Great service, especially knowing that the had been employed by the hotel for only 4 days. If you need a hotel near the airport, you couldn't do better than this terrific little place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Perfect location! Stayed 1 night and was great. We had a late flight into Marseille which allowed us to collect the car next day ready for our travels around Provence. It was very clean, comfortable and quiet and we had a great breakfast too.

The room we had was a little dated but i think this was the cheaper rate room but it was clean so wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The free shuttle service was perfect, from the airport and back to it in the morning! Also the hotel restaurant was open until 11pm too so that was also very handy and the food was nice.

It worked out to be the same price as the cheaper hotels if you take into account the extra fee for breakfast, dinner and shuttle.

Would recommend spending a little bit more, everything adds up and works out to the same in the end.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Nimes, France
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Pullman is next to the airport - walkable without bags but a 2 minute on demand shuttle ride if you need it.

Rooms are pleasant and functional and the wifi throughout the hotel is free. The "stay one night and park for up to 15" is a very good deal especially if you have an early morning departure. On our return the hotel shuttle came immediately we called so probably faster than walking back to the long stay car parks.

Breakfast is a buffet with a very wide choice though 25 euros is a little steep. Most customers seemed to be airline crew who probably get an inclusive deal. Unusually the restaurant opens at 5am so goos if your flight is an early one as catering in the airport itself is not great.

Definitely worth considering but look carefully at the on line deals - they can be a bargain if you need the parking and/or breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marignane
Ibis Marseille Provence Aeroport
Best Western Marseille Airport
Golden Tulip Marseille Airport
Ibis Budget Aeroport Marseille Provence
Kyriad Marseille Provence - Aeroport
Ibis Styles Marseille Aeroport

Been to Pullman Marseille Provence Airport? Share your experiences!