“Sensi Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Marsascala B&B and Inns
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Sensi Hotel”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night last Saturday in order to attend the Marsalokk market the following day. We were charged 5 star rates and this was demanded as soon as we arrived even before we were given the key to our room. Whilst the room itself was comfortable there was no hot water in the bathroom nor was there any soap or bathmats - fortunately we had our own. Breakfast next morning was basic and there were no saucers for the coffee/tea cups. Conclusion - If the management wish to charge 4/5 star rates they must get these things up to scratch. Until they do I would not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ANONYMOUS1169

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel to visit friends in Malta. It is a two-star hotel, and therefore I had no expectations of a grand 5-Star. I was the only guest staying and refurbishments that are mentioned in other reviews were still ongoing. The hotel is basic. The rooms are basic. The welcome and friendliness are certainly not basic. Everyone was helpful and as a solo traveller and solo guest, I felt very comfortable and very safe. The staff tried to cater to all my whims - for example, the dining room was not open in the evenings, but I wanted to treat my Maltese friends to a meal. I spoke to the owner and he provided a meal - Risotto, steak and chips and ice cream. My friends and I were welcomed and served dinner, which they thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel is minutes from the beach and minutes from bus stops, and it is approximately a 15 minute walk to the centre of Marsaskala, where there are lovely cafes and the atmosphere is vibrant. So, to summarise, this hotel is ideal for families with children. There is a nice pool, it is close to the sea, the rooms are large and clearly accommodate whole families in bunk beds, doubles and singles. It is cheap and close to transport for visiting the rest of Malta. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Christine85
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was recently booked into this hotel through my employer - which from the photos shown on this website, seemed like a brilliant choice. When I arrived there, I thought there mist have been a mistake... there were windows boarded up, no electricity, very tatty from the outside and in a completely desolate area.
I went in to make sure there wasn't some mistake and I had come to the wrong building or something but no, that was it. I asked to see the room and it was extremely basic. It seemed as if there was no else in the hotel so I did not risk it and asked our taxi driver to take us to a different hotel in a more safe area.
The photos shown are NOTHING like this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Kate M

Travellers are raving about these Marsascala hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Even though this hotel is not a 5* and from the outside it doesn't look all to flashy, just wait until you get inside it would just blow you away. The rooms are very clean with new clean towels everyday and bed sheets changed daily. The Hotel reception were very nice and always there for our needs. Pool was good to have and The location was the best part. Beautiful beach 100 meters away and easy access to the city and surrounding suburbs. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BrendanG70
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2010

The place is a dump - the lobby smelled, the swimming pool was 2/3 full of scummy green water (unusable), breakfast was meagre and of poor quality. Ugh!
There is a restaurant on site, but it's only open to serve breakfast.
We were the only guests and it's obvious why after staying there.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WhitehorseAlan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsascala
Cerviola Hotel
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
#3 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Ocean Reef Hotel? Share your experiences!