“Great diving instructors, excellent surroundings”
Review of DiveMed

DiveMed
More attraction details
Owner description: Off the beaten path,in the southern part of Malta,lies the stunning fishing village of Marsaskala. With the harmonic lifestyle of traditional Malta as our backdrop and the Mediterranean Sea outside our door, we offer a dive base like no other. Our doors are open all year round to welcome divers willing to experience the beauty beneath our seas. Wreck can be enjoyed within less than a minute travel time to shore or boat,varying depths between 18m and 80m. This way all enthusiastic divers may explore to their hearts content at the level most comfortable to them. Between tug boats and planes,freighters and destroyers, anyone can dive what pleases them most. The caves and reefs that stretch along the Maltese Islands can be reached by our boat so every nook and cranny can be enjoyed. When learning to dive you expect care and attention as well as a dedicated professional. We know that and therefore insist on the importance of attentive instruction at all levels of diving.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I did both my Open Water and Advanced Open Water with DiveMed, as well as a number of accompanied dives. I found the instructors to be very supportive and professional, and the shop to be well supplied with high quality equipment. And, of course, the dives in Zonqor Point were amazing. It's a marvellous location with lots of aquatic life and crisp clear waters. I'm happy I did my course there, and I can't recommend it enough as an excellent warm water destination for new divers to get their certification.

1  Thank rrhvella
All reviews
"feel secure"
"advanced diver"
"scuba gear"
in 2 reviews
"open water and advanced open water"
"enjoy diving"
in 27 reviews
"hms"
"skills"

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just completed a couple of speciality dives with DiveMed, had a fantastic time! A family run business which is friendly and professional, well located away from the tourist trap in a beautiful old fishing village of Marsascala. Daniel was a brilliant instructor, extremely helpful, informative and very patient. If your in Malta and want some fun diving then I would highly recommend DiveMed, contact Abigail and let her sort it out for you! George and Bengt was lovely meeting you both and Thank you for taking the photos!

1  Thank Cinderella3434
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I went for a long weekend holiday to Malta for some warmth, mediterranean food, beautiful island scenery and... most importantly... some diving!! We had read that Malta has some of the top dive sites in Europe and were anxious to check them out. After reading some very positive reviews about DiveMed online, we decided to contact them about a couple of days of diving when we were there in late-Feb. They were very friendly and professional. They even offered to pick us up from Kalkara and drive us to Marsascala and back... both days! We got to do 3 shore dives, which were different from what we're used to (usually do boat dives) and it was a cool experience. There was some very interesting wildlife in the bay, including an octopus, cuttlefish and a spectacular flying gurnard. It definitely would have been cool to head up to Gozo and dive the blue hole, but the weather wasn't ideal and we had not booked far enough in advance.
Still, we were really happy with our experience diving with DiveMed. The prices were very fair, they were very professional and safety conscious, and the pickup from Kalkara was just another extra that was oh-so-nice. But the best part of diving with Divemed for us was the instructor Daniel! He was so awesome!! What a cool guy! He is really outgoing and has kind of a crazy sense of humor and lots of really interesting stories to tell. A super nice guy named George came diving with us on the first day too, and he took some really awesome underwater photos of us. Then they shared the pictures with us on FB for free! So nice!!!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had a great experience with dive med! I really appreciate the flexibility of the dive school to schedule the dives around my own schedule. Malta has got some awesome dive spots. It was a pleasure to dive with you guys! Daniel, thanks for your guidance!

If you are in Malta to dive, i can recommend dive med!

1  Thank walterdolder