“I thought it was good!”
Review of Hotel Aan Zee

Hotel Aan Zee
Ranked #8 of 13 Noordwijk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here in May 2012 with my school trip. I had read Trip Advisor before and thought OH NO! There is great supermarket and shopping street about a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The beach is easy access but you dont get a beach view because it is blocked by apartments. It has a lovely beach.
The room had a set of bunk beds but there was no ladders to get up to it so we had to jump up.
We found ants in our room round the wardroube and beds but in fairness we had food left out. The manager was very kind about it and moved us to a different room. The new room had a balcony which was good for drying wet towels. We also found some chewing gum on the mattress.
The food was delightful. The starter was normally soup. Deserts were dissappointing.
The bathroom smelt of sewage and the showers were eith scolding hot or freezing cold.
I fairly enjoyed my stay but not for young families as not much room.

Room Tip: Room 5 is by far the best room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arianne W
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aan Zee

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I came to this hotel with my school, with Jemma who wrote the review below. My first impressions of the hotel were okay, the lighting was good and the heating was good. We used the stairs which are slim, and rather dangerous, to go to our rooms. The rooms are tiny, there are two small single beds and a bunk bed, leaving no space to move around. The temperature which was welcomed when we first got inside quickly became unbearable as we got settled into our rooms. Our bathroom was decently sized, but compared to our friends bathrooms it was huge. The shower did not work as it came out in small gloops, at extreme temperatures that either scolded or gave you hypothermia! The balcony was jammed shut but we did have a nice view of the beach from the window, although the balcony looked rather unsafe and the only protection was short wooden fence posts, definitely not suitable for children to be protected by. Two out of 4 beds were broken, and my bed completely caved in leaving me spending the night on the hard floor, the beds were awfully uncomfortable though. For the duration of your stay in the hotel your sheets will not be changed, there were many stains on one bed that needed changing but they were still there when we left; overall the room was pretty dirty, and the bathroom smelt of sewage. The food was okay, and the restaurant was nicely decorated, they served us mostly prossesed food.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Becky T
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Because of the many negative reviews on this hotel, I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't as bad as I was thinking. I went to Hotel Aan Zee with my seconary school, and had a good stay. The staff are all very friendly, and the hotel is quite modern, welcoming and cosy. The food was good, and packed lunches were provided for our days out. There is a beautiful beach about a ten minute walk away, and some shops nearby. We got a great view of the town from our window, and the hotel was always kept warm with good lighting. Although the hotel was quite good, there was still some bad points about it. The rooms were all to hot, and the radiators would not turn down, so we tried to open the balcony door, but it was jammed shut. The showers were terrible, and had to be either scolding hot or freezing cold. Two beds out of four in our room were broken, and the bunk bed had no ladder, so we had to leap and risk injuring ourselves. My friend's bed collapsed so she had to sleep on the floor, and the rooms were so tiny and cramped that we had no room to walk, and had to walk on the beds as they took up all the space. Apart from all that, we had quite a good experience. We were able to put up with it while we were staying there, but I wouldn't choose to stay there again if I had the choice, as there were better hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Choose room with radiator furthest away from beds, make sure there are opening windows and doors in...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Its a tiny ,horrid ,dirty hotel. There is no shops for miles. It says you get a view of the beach ,but u don't you get a view of horrible apartments . When I arrived in my room I discovered a broken tap, bed and window. The staff would help at all or move me to a different room. So don't stay here what ever you do. If I get a chance I will upload some pictures of the horrid small rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011
6  Thank Princess0070
Reviewed 17 April 2011

It was the worst hotel i had ever stayed in.We got tiny horrible portions.It even made us all sick.The bunk beds were very unsafe.The rooms were dirty, smelly and horrible.They do not supply towels or soap.The tap and the window had been broken.The staff were also unfriendly mostly the manager. The hotel is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank tash070707007
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We were travelling with a party of 39 older teenagers. The hotel was welcoming, clean and perfectly suited to the school trip we were accompanying. The staff were friendly and helpful with good humour, the food basic and albeit with little choice, but fresh and hot, the en-suite rooms also basic but comfortable and very clean and nobody in our quite exacting party found room for complaint of any type. The showers were particularly good - no shortage of powerful hot water, even in rooms for 6. Great location - across road from lovely sandy beach. Would thoroughly recommend for school trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank benty-loo
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We stayed in this hotel in the middle of february. The rooms were tiny and cold. there was no lock on the bathroom and the floor was all wet when we arrived. Food was horrible and the portions were tiny. The man in charge seemed very rude when asked a question. we were told to drink tap water when we asked for water and his whole manner was awfully rude i felt.
i would not recommend this 'hotel' even if it is with a group of teenagers like we were. it may have been cheap but it was far from desireable.
your sincerley,
An unsatisfied customer!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank clairek6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noordwijk
Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, Noordwijk Aan Zee
NH Noordwijk Conference Centre Leeuwenhorst
Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach
Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach
#11 of 27 in Noordwijk

Been to Hotel Aan Zee? Share your experiences!