“Great place "close" to Schiphol”

Zorn Hotel Duinlust
Zorn Hotel Duinlust
Ranked #3 of 13 Noordwijk B&B and Inns
Bellingham, WA
“Great place "close" to Schiphol”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were too tired to drive to Groningen when we got to The Netherlands, so we looked for
something reasonable close to Schiphol and the water. After seeing several pricey places
that didn't look very savory, we drove just a bit away from the water & saw Zorn. What a find!
We went back again for the night before we departed from Schiphol. It's just about a half hour
from the airport. The price was less than what the rest had been, for much greater value.

It's a simple, but clean, quiet, and comfortable family-run hotel. The breakfast buffet is abundant, and when we were there the grandfather made pannekoeken crepes in addition to the rest of the spread. The dining area is especially lovely - makes breakfast even more of a
Dutch treat.

We had a great steak and fish early-bird dinner at Iets Anders our last evening in NL. The
appletaart was exceptional: warm, and served with a side of real whipped cream!!

Room Tip: The second time we had room 10, I think. the shower was roomier and there was more closet space, b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lois P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Spending a couple nights here, & enjoying every moment. Room we have is small, but very clean & had a great sleep. Looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast already. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

Room Tip: Pick a larger room if you can.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bigrita
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel meets everything that one might expect from a cheap, family-run hotel: friendly treatment on an establishment slightly sub-standard, no elevator to the first or the second floor, no telephone in the rooms, still featuring non-flat TV screens.

The room was very clean and OK in size, but one could easily point out the cheap IKEA furniture.

The breakfast buffet was OK, although the quality of some of products was not precisely premium.

The internet connection was wireless, free and quite fast!

When it came to the price tag, it was not significantly cheaper than other hotels I have stayed in the area. All of them, but this one in particular, leverages on the beach resort status of the town. I have been to Noordwijk a couple of times on occasion of visits to ESA/ESTEC and next time I will book myself a hotel in Leiden.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pablo G
Düsseldorf
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My son and me we spent a night in Noordwijk at Zorn Hotel Duinlust.
The room and the toilet of our room were small and a bit dated, but everything was very clean and ordered. At the reception the people are very friendly and speak perfect English. The breakfast was OK too, good choice of different and tasty meals. Only ten minutes from the beach and free parking area near the hotel are a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank efred_D
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My daughter and son in law brought me here and I love it!! Very Clean, People here a very nice and they speak english better than me! I fell like I'm in an other country, rather than in one of those big change hotels that are all the same!! One of the best part of traveling is getting to see different things and places.

Room Tip: I'm in a single which is small, If you like or need more space you'll need to book a double...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Din01956
Budapest
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We visited The Netherlands for the first time, and wanted to stay close to the famous cities (Den Haag, Amsterdam, Leiden, Delft, Haarlem, etc.), but did not in any of these crowded places. Hence I have found this small but nice town I never heard before.

Fortunately I've found this hotel, and I liked it very much from the site that allowed to reserve the room.

It was easy to find upon arrival, yet close to the beach and the shops. It had parking places for us, it was an important point.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, provided us good hints what to visit, where to eat. They even gave us the possibility to choose one of two rooms.

The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and enough, there were a variety of foods (sausages, cheese, cereals, milk, coffee, sunny-side-up,. etc.)

There was a great collection of magazines in the hall.

I can offer this hotel to everybody, friendly staff, excellent location, good service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank blg8x8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noordwijk
Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, Noordwijk Aan Zee
Hotel Van Oranje, Autograph Collection
Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach
Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach
#11 of 27 in Noordwijk

Been to Zorn Hotel Duinlust? Share your experiences!