“Experienced conference hotel”

Hotel Van Oranje, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Noordwijk
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have just spent 3 nights here attending a works conference. The hotel staff are clearly very experienced in dealing with such events as the service was smooth and efficient, from check in to dining, which is not an easy task with so many people arriving or dining at the same time. The decor might not be to everyone's taste as it's not modern and contemporary but quite elaborate it is typical of a "grand" hotel with marble floors and statues. My room was large with a balcony too and many rooms have a sea view, facing a long clean beach. There are spa and beauty treatment facilities which I didn't use but looked very nice. The food was plentiful with lots of choice and again well serviced due to the high volume needing to be served at once. There are a few bars to choose from, including the one in the adjoining Beach Hotel and Club O situated opposite on the beach. I ordered room service continental breakfast (10euro tray charge) and it was enough to feed a few people. My only negative feedback is that every room was cold, I appreciate it's November however, I couldn't get the bedroom warm enough. My stay was for business but as a popular conference hotel I would be put off from staying for leisure due to corporate events taking place.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room so was out at the end of the corridor and didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel and it was great. The food was fantastic and I had a beautiful terrace that gave me a view on the North Sea. The staff was very nice and worked very hard to ensured that all travelers were well served. I am not sure about prices because I was put in this hotel due to a connection problem so KLM paid but after a 12h flight and an 8h wait standing in line at the airport this was heaven.

Room Tip: Get one that faces the sea and those with terraces on the 1st floor are fantastic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Nice big rooms with comfortable beds. I had very nice sea view from my room. Only thing I was missing was an iron.
Extremely service minded and helpful staff.
Breakfast was great as well as lunch. We had dinner one night in the French restaurant and that I would not recommend to anyone.
Conference facility was great. Projector was only complaint - the resolution was really bad socwe had problem to see what was presented otherwise just great.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel (both times for conferences). It's fine but certainly nothing special. The hotel attempts to create the feel of one of those grand old Victorian era european hotels (lots of marble and wood in the lobby) but the rooms feel a bit dated. They're clean, moderately comfortable, relatively big, and I slept just fine...they're just a bit dated. I stayed in the Beach hotel side (two different hotels that are connected and operated by the same company). The location is good. It's right on the beach and close to the pubs, cafes & restaurants in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I spent a few days here in September attending a business event. Overall, the hotel is of a very good standard and the rooms are quite spacious. However, views are very much hit or miss. Get one overlooking the beach if possible. Mine was on the third floor overlooking the central rooftops and AC exhausts - so not great. It rained throughout the stay so I can't say I missed anything.

My room had a balcony and this appears to be the case for most of the rooms - making it a nice compliment for the summer months. Breakfast was a cross between continental and English and was passable - although I was not that enthused. There is a nice steakhouse restaurant attached to the hotel which I visited twice and enjoyed really good service and food.

Overall, I can see myself staying here again. It has all the ingredients for a good short stay: nice comfortable rooms, friendly staff, decent restaurants attached or nearby, spa facilities, free (very fast - 30mbps+) wifi and is located right on the beach. It gets five stars from me. Although the style is dated, the hotel has a lot of character and its staff were magnificent throughout my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here while biking through the Netherlands. The rooms were only okay. The common areas in the hotel are very nice. The location is excellent. Across the road is the North Sea. We stayed in the Beach Club side of the hotel, so it was quite a walk to the restaurant. Breakfast was very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel over four days, but only stayed at the hotel for one night due to lack of availability. The hotel is a bit of a maze and it was easy to get lost, but it had a good location on the beach front.

The rooms were pretty standard, but generally well maintained and clean. However, I had a nicer room at the other hotel I stayed at. Over the four days of the conference I had all my meals at the hotel. The food was OK, but nothing to write home about.

The staff were usually pretty helpful, although I did encounter a few surly staff over the conference period.

I would stay here for a conference again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noordwijk
Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin
#11 of 27 in Noordwijk
Carlton Beach
Carlton Beach
#1 of 24 in Scheveningen

Been to Hotel Van Oranje, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!