This is my second review of this hotel having stayed here in August 2013. My views have not changed too much though did not eat or drink here this time. I stopped here twice on this occasion-at the end of May then early June. Having flown in late afternoon on my early visit had to wait some time for the 20 minute timed shuttle which was packed to the roof!! managed to get to the hotel some 10-15 minutes later and checked in quickly. Just before about 200 Oriental tourists descended on the reception desk!!. My single room again small but functional was okay- no soap dispenser on the sink but I had my own so no issue.
This hotel is exactly what it says- an airport hotel suitable for an overnighter on route to some-place else. Typical Ibis rooms. Free and good WiFi. No coffee/tea on the room.
Big hotel so mostly very busy at reception, 10 minutes waiting to check in/out is no exception.
Though they recently increased the frequency of the (free)shuttle to/from the airport, prepare yourself to be standing in a crowded bus all the way. Bigger buses? Shuttle passes the Ibis Budget around the corner and the Novotel too.Sleep quality on this visit was good no complaints.
I have stayed in many tourist hotels throughout Europe but this hotel did not even provide little frills such as a hand towel or box of Kleenex. All in all, the hotel was acceptable for my needs. There was a "budget Ibis" on the same grounds. Makes me wonder what the difference is between the two properties.
I notice another complaint re the smells in rooms- on my visit on 29th May my room smelled of rotten cabbages which seemed to permeate from the bathroom area,. Shutting bathroom door seemed to mellow it a little. (On second visit a few days later a different room -no smell). Maybe a drain issue but not the first one to be raised.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel ibis Amsterdam Airport is is the largest hotel in the Netherlands, featuring 644 guestrooms. The hotel is close to Schiphol International Airport (free shuttle service to and from Schiphol from 05.05 to 01.15. Just 30 min from the centre of Amsterdam, it is ideal for a business trip or holiday visit. Close to the RAI Exhibition Centre and the central business district. Book one of our 644 airconditioned rooms and benefit from our facilities, 2 restaurants, bar, 5 meeting rooms for seminars and conferences, WiFi Internet access and private pay parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Accor Amsterdam Airport
- Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport Badhoevedorp, The Netherlands - Haarlemmermeer