“A typical Ibis Hotel”

Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you'be been to a Ibis Hotel, you'll be right at home. If you don't, don't expect luxury, expect cleanliness, a great cost/benefit ratio. The hotel is about 50 minutes from Amsterdam's Centraal Station if you take the shuttle and then the train.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

At the airport there are intercity trains as well, which takes you to Amsterdam Central Station in about 15 minutes.

Sales Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (3,905)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

As a so called budget hotel I was very impressed by this place. Free transfer from Airport to hotel takes about ten minutes. Check in was very quick and efficient the ladies on the desk were all smartly dressed and looked good. My room was very very clean better than most four star hotels I have ever stayed! The room is basic but well designed and enough for the nights stay. This hotel has everything you need for an airport stopover or to rest whilst awaiting a delayed flight. I did not eat at the hotel as I was going for a medical appointment. Will use this place again. Well done to the staff especially the cleaning team!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Delia P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear John B,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read that you like our staff members!
I am sorry to read that you had to stay in our hotel due to a delayed flight, but fortunately you enjoyed your stay in ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport.

I am looking forward to may welcome you soon again in our hotel!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my second review of this hotel having stayed here in August 2013. My views have not changed too much though did not eat or drink here this time. I stopped here twice on this occasion-at the end of May then early June. Having flown in late afternoon on my early visit had to wait some time for the 20 minute timed shuttle which was packed to the roof!! managed to get to the hotel some 10-15 minutes later and checked in quickly. Just before about 200 Oriental tourists descended on the reception desk!!. My single room again small but functional was okay- no soap dispenser on the sink but I had my own so no issue.
This hotel is exactly what it says- an airport hotel suitable for an overnighter on route to some-place else. Typical Ibis rooms. Free and good WiFi. No coffee/tea on the room.
Though they recently increased the frequency of the (free)shuttle to/from the airport, prepare yourself to be standing in a crowded bus all the way. Bigger buses? Shuttle passes the Ibis Budget around the corner and the Novotel too.Sleep quality on this visit was good no complaints.
I have stayed in many tourist hotels throughout Europe but this hotel did not even provide little frills such as a hand towel or box of Kleenex. All in all, the hotel was acceptable for my needs. There was a "budget Ibis" on the same grounds. Makes me wonder what the difference is between the two properties.
I notice another complaint re the smells in rooms- on my visit on 29th May my room smelled of rotten cabbages which seemed to permeate from the bathroom area,. Shutting bathroom door seemed to mellow it a little. (On second visit a few days later a different room -no smell). Maybe a drain issue but not the first one to be raised.....

Room Tip: Take earplugs people moving around 24/7!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Delia P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear Tourman2,

Thank you for taking the courage to write a review about ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport.
I am sorry to read that you stay has not been great.
We are indeed a big airport hotel, with the goal to let people rest before taking their flight, nevertheless the smell should never have been there, I am glad to read that you did not experience this during your second stay in our hotel.

We do indeed not provide hand towels, but you can always request some extra towels at the reception desk.

I am sorry to read about your experiences in the shuttlebus. The frequency has gone up again, so that less problems occur.

I hope to may welcome you again in ibis, to show you we have improved in the past year.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Location - Located near Schipol airport & the hotel provides free shuttle service every 10-20 mins, however be prepared to wait as the shuttle bus serves Ibis, Ibis budget & Novotel. It is always crowded.
Room - Spacious and clean however, the room did not have aircon, the temperature control only adjust for the "wind from outside". Ask for a fan at the reception.
Breakfast - Serves from 4am-12pm. Selection is ok, bread, sausage, eggs, hashbrown, cereals, cakes, juices.

• Stayed: June 2014
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Confentional well-known Ibis rooms. Free and good WiFi. No coffee/tea on the room. Big but crowded paid parking. Look at the 'Park/Sleep/Fly' packages.

Big hotel so mostly very busy at reception, 10 minutes waiting to check in/out is no exception. Separate check-in for Accor Club members, but never staffed.

Never tried breakfast, dinner in one of the restaurants upstairs is good. Nice bar but just like the restaurants a bit overpriced for an Ibis.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Roland030,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to read that your overall stay has been good.
Unfortunately you had some bad experiences with our shuttlebus.
Luckily, we have increased the amount of shuttles driving.

I hope to may welcome you again in ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a 2 night weekend break with the mrs. Waited about half hour for bus at airport which was not a problem until most of the bus stop descended on the one bus and forced their way onboard. Hotel is only a ten minute bus ride away which is perfect. Check in was very quick and reception was well staffed to cope. First impressions of room were good and exactly what was required in that it had a bed,tv and chair. As we hadnt planned to spend much time here other than sleep it was great. Only small point was the shower door or lack of it but not a huge issue. Buses to and from airport are quite regular,say every half hour or so but are always crowded no matter what time(we got one at midnight and it was just as busy). Other than that a great stay,only had a few drinks in bar and prices were about same as everywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at ibis hotel Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very nice, clean and well located hotel for the stay before leaving from Schiphol Amsterdam on an early flight. Staff are very helpful, the rooms are fairly basic but have what is needed. Decent restaurant should you decide to 'stay in' and a relaxing bar lounge. The shuttle bus service is handy but can become somewhat of a dogfight trying to get on at peak times. The wi-fi is excellent. I love seeing the rabbits running around the garden whenever I am there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ibis hotel Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!