“Great for the price!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Provo, UT
“Great for the price!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed one night at the Ibis, due to a forced layover. You do have to take a shuttle to the Ibis, but it is only 10 minutes. The free shuttle bus arrived soon after I got to the curbside (and located the right area to stand). It appeared that the shuttles were running every 20-30 minutes during the afternoon. The staff were very helpful upon our arrival, and I paid for the room right at the beginning so I would not have to worry about checkout the next morning. They gave me a flyer with the scheduled shuttle departures to the airport, and the shuttle was running right on time. The room itself was very basic, as you might expect for a low-price alternative like this. Very clean, and I had no problems with air conditioning. It was comfortable enough, and I did not have any problems with noise. Wi-fi was decently fast. I found the bed to be quite comfortable, as well. All in all, it was a good night's sleep. I did not take breakfast in the morning as it was very expensive. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on the website. We are very glad that you gave us a 5 out of 5 score on Tripadvisor.

Executive Assistent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

First off never been a fan of central air unless you are able to keep it fairly cool. Some of their rooms have air conditioning built in so you can control and others don't. Stayed in one room that did and was comfortable and able to sleep. Stayed in one that doesn't. To add to that the windows basically open a little and have a huge holes in the screens. Its not super cheap, so I would expect a better experience for the cost. The shuttle was nice to and from the air port. However I don't consider this a perk for a hotel that labels themselves an airport hotel. It is to be expected I would think.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Unfortunately, not all our rooms are air-conditioned. I will advice you for your next stay to give airconditioning as a preference. When there is a room available with airconditioning we will do our best to arrange this for you.

Midland, Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We decided fairly spur of the moment to stay here for two nights. All-in-all it was a good experience. A few things...
It was clean although the floors seemed a bit sticky. Perhaps due to whatever they use to clean the floors with. The bed was comfortable. We booked 3 rooms and one of them was really quite hot (no air/con). There's no tissues, hand towels, no hooks in the bathroom. Good water pressure in the shower.

The breakfast was fine. Lots of selection and everything was tasty.

The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Our three rooms weren't together and she went above and beyond to call housekeeping and get us all three together. The service desk also helped us out on at least 3 different occasions. When I had trouble with the lobby computer getting us checked in for our flight, they immediately took my information and checked in for me on their computer, printing my boarding passes for me.

The parking is exorbitant. 17.50 Euros for a day but we had to leave and come back in order to fill our car with gas as we had to be at the airport for 5am in the morning. It cost us 32.50Euros to get out that time and then another 17.50 Euros when we left. They've got you over a barrel on that one.

One tip... they sell large bottles of water for 5 or 6 Euros (I thought 5 but my dad said 6 and he's the one that bought one). We went to a grocery store nearby when we got gas and paid 0.85 Euros for the same bottle...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. This is very important for us to be able to improve our quality of service.

Executive Assistent
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is practical, well located to the airport (with free shuttle bus) and has all the amenities which provide excellent value for money. The shuttle can take you back to Schiphol if you wish to catch the train to Amsterdam Central or the rest of Holland. We booked for our arrival to allow for a stress free first night before touring Holland the next day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If only I had a lot of nice things to say about this hotel but I don't. We had booked a disabled accessible room two months in advance of our stay at this hotel and when we arrived - only a standard room was available! I asked how his was possible and I was told 'someone else has booked the room' I then said that we had booked if over two months ago and I was told 'the other person booked it in advance as well' - I don't see how that is my problem? All they had to do was let us know that the room was booked and we could have looked elsewhere, instead of us flying all the way from Australia to confronted with this situation! The management did help somewhat and they were as accommodating as they could be but I strongly advised my mother to move hotels but she didn't want to make a fuss and she had done enough travelling - she needed rest. She said that she would 'make do' again this was against my advice so I spent the whole time worrying if she might have a fall somewhere in her room because it was not suitable for her. Then no one showed us where the lifts were to take her to the restaurant in the forth floor - we were just shown the escalators (which she cannot use) and to top it all off she put laundry out the day before we were to leave so that she would have it back in time before we left but it was not taken on the day and was left till the next day - check out day - they need up having to get the laundry to bring the dirty clothes back so that we could make our onward connection. Which we made ... But my mother only had a pile of dirty clothes to wear when we got there. We have stayed in other IBIS and there has never been this problem - Heathrow was fantastic! I joined the Accor loyalty program especially so I could book the disabled rooms easily and it turns out it was for nothing! So to put it in simple terms - if you are a standard person looking for a standard room - this place is great! If you need any sort of special requirements - go somewhere else - if only we had known this before hand - it would have made for a much nicer stay somewhere else ...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear mr. guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not totally meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We understand that a mistake has been made in our system, causing multiple reservations to be made for our disabled accesible room. We have spoken with our staff and found the problem that could cause for this to happen.

I understand that we have given you two rooms for the prize of one room to compensate for your inconvenience.

We would like to offer you a voucher for a free night at the hotel. This way we can show you that what you have experienced is not standard in our hotel. Would you please be so kind to give me your address details, so I can send you the voucher?

Chios, Greece
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

It is a very cheep hotel near the airport very clean and the stuff is very friendly!!!it is the best choice of all near the airport!!!the hotel has free bus from the airport to the hotel so it's no need to use taxis!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nikos T
Nadja R, Director of Sales at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Sales Coordinator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!