“Best hotel to be on a stranded flight”

Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I, just like many other travellers, ended up here due to flight disruptions on the KLM network. I have been stranded in airports a couple of times but this was one of the best hotels I was ever put up in! I loved the young, fresh and energetic decor of the lobby and the main areas - loved the pub and the restaurant upstairs. Unlike many airport hotels where there might be a photo or 2 reminding the visitor of the city/country they are in, this hotel had great paintings on the walls and even a bike :) I loved the athmosphere. Unfortunately, my room was in one of the older sections of the building and the corridor felt more like a dorm than a hotel (or even worse the narrow corridors of a prison) the room was good - perfect for a nights sleep if you managed to score a quiet location. My first room happened to have a faulty airconditioning unit which could not have been turned off or unplugged yet the team moved me to a new room within 10minutes, at 2am. Highly impressive. I had a good short sleep and the shuttle bus to the airport was also very good, efficient, on time. Checkout was a breeze. Overall I was very very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on the website. We are very glad that you gave us a 5 out of 5 score on Tripadvisor.

Especially your comments about the hotelstaff makes me very happy. We always try to give our guests the best service possible.

We hope to see you back soon in ibis Amsterdam Airport.

Best Regards,

M Groeveld
Executive Assistent

Write a ReviewReviews (3,909)

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because our flight was cancelled due to storms. We turned up without any booking references and staff were really helpful with this. We were given vouchers for dinner, which was nice. We ordered chips which turned up after we'd asked for the bill so they took them back and deducted them from our bill. The room was ok, no spare pillows and no air con so very very hot. The towels were ok but very small!! Breakfast was really bad, however it did start very early (4am) and I was one of the first people in there due to my early morning flight. Overall it was nice for such a short notice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Michelle v, Manager at Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you the matter is being looked in to and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, M Groenveld executive assistent

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a reasonable choice for flight connections but also for short Amsterdam sightseeing, if you trade the extra travel time for lower price and modern facilities. Commute from the airport is 20-30 minutes, including waiting for the shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback. Kind regards M Groenveld executive assistent

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I don`t even need to comment on their staff performance or how great is the loccation. I dont even care the price they offer. The point is you went to Amsterdam in the summer and this hotel do not even have air condition what can you even expect from them? Their front desk staff respond as this hotel is old and do not have air condition. How funny is that when the ibis buget next door have air con but ibis dont have.

Room Tip: Forget this hotel in summer as they do not have air condition in the room. Their website fake people...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Amsterdam Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

M Groenveld
Executive Assistent

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night in June while our tour operator (low cost holidays) sorted out the mess of our holiday booking on arrival even though we had a booking with them they asked for a card aurthorization which they promised they wouldn't take any money for but the next morning I noticed they had taken over £300 pounds from my account ...after a few talks to the management they agreed that they shouldn't have and refunded the money .. We finished our holiday at a different hotel and came home but 3 weeks later I checked my account one morning to find that they had taken £307 from my account without my knowledge or consent again we rang them and started a dispute which after a few days they agreed that they shouldn't have taken anything and was a mistake on their part but here we still are a further 3 weeks later with no refund and getting the run around ... So do yourself a favour and don't use this company as they are a bunch of lying crooks that keep your card details and steal from you :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank benzehtabi

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and I will do everything possible to prevent this from happening in the future. Could you please be so kind to send me an e-mail (H0649-AM1@accor.com) and provide me with some more details concerning your experience? That will give me the opportunity to improve our service and prevent future occurance. Thank you very much in advance.
Miriam Groenveld Executive Assistent

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The staff were very unfriendly and didn't tell us another about the hotel or breakfast times etc..

When I got to my room I was shocked to find it hadn't been made up from the last guest. There was a wet towel on the bed, rubbish every where and urine in the toilet.

I back told the staff who didn't really care and I got the felling from staff this is the norm.

It is a shame as with a new management team and staff this good be a great hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank 22BillyB

Really sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to expectations. I would very much like to discuss with you in person. Please could you contact me on H0649-AM1@accor.com. M Groenveld executive assistent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Airport

Been to Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!