“overnight stay”

Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Badhoevedorp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I use Novotel regularly durning my business travels in Europe. Novotel's proposition is that you know what to expect and it is normally a good room and good service. Not for this one! I had to book and pay three weeks in advance. When I arrived, I was told that they could not provide foam pillows, as I requested three weeks ago. When I got to the room, I was surprised yo find it in a sorry state. Not a single surface was without water and other stains and there was stains everywhere on the walls! To top it op, the linen had the smell of having been used before! If this is the rooms they reserve for Accor Club members, I would hate to see the other rooms!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This one seems to be the worst Novotel hotels I went in different cities. My expectation is much higher, in view of the money paid. If it is Ibis/Etap, it is still acceptable, but not for Novotel grade.
The hotel is a bit old, obvious from the inside of the room. Room is spacious, but shower drainage doesn't work well. Service is just so-so, as toilet tissue is not replaced after it was used up, and bedsheet was obviously not replaced.
Though it was mentioned in their website that there is gym facility, we then found out it was provided by another company and need to pay extra money.

A bit disappointed.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine, as it was in the quiet location anyway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
H5330, General Manager at Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Stefan Bernstein
Sao Jose dos Campos
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I don't have negative things to say about this hotel, however, being a Novotel, one of the best Accor brands, I thought it was an average hotel.
It is expensive, you may probably know.
I stayed in a executive room which was not so spacious, but everything was fine: good bed and pillows. There was also a Nespresso machine and refrigerator. Wi-fi included, wired internet paid.
I didn't like to bathroom so much. It was old style, dark and there was no curtains near the shower, so, the entire bathroom became wet after the shower. The roof was so low that I was wondering how tall people would have bath there.
Excellent breakfast, complete, with breads, ham, turkey breast, fruits, jams, eggs etc.
Positive point: shuttle from hotel to airport and vice versa all over the time. It stops only between 1AM - 5AM. Staff very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I got a mixed feeling about the room. The bathroom looked like recently renovated. The room was something different. I asked for a single but got a room with two narrow beds and a third auxiliary bed made probably out a sofa or something. The place is very tranquil.
The chair at the desk had seen life ! At a +200€ place one expects clean furniture. The internet was free with a quite low bandwidth. A had a few Dropbox files to synchronize and it took ages.
As I arrived quite late and booked the room directly at the airport, I had dinner at the hotel. The starter of "garnalen" was decent but noting special .The same could be said of the asparagus.
The dinner service was quite efficient but " cold".
The breakfast was a hotel business standard. Only the croissants were fresh. Nothing special really.
My room chair was clean compared to the chairs at the dinner/breakfast room.
The front desk clerk was very friendly when leaving the hotel in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
H5330, General Manager at Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments, sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are pleased to inform you that we are going to renovate the hotel this summer. We hope to welcome you again so you can experience the hotel in a different way.

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Sincerly,

Stefan Bernstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badhoevedorp
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
#128 of 364 in Amsterdam
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!