Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel De Beurs(Hoofddorp)
1,534 results
All reviewsclub roomtrain stationamsterdam schipholbusiness tripclose to the airportnice hotelfree shuttlehotel shuttleshuttle serviceone night staygymflightdriverminproximityeurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We arrived to the hotel and we were surprised by what we found; expecing the typical airport-hotel we faced a charming hotel with well equiped rooms and nice staff. Surprising the amenities and services offered without extra cost: basic internet, aromatherapy for better sleep, coffe/tea...
There is a train station less than 10 minutes walk which connects you with Amsterdam each 30 minutes, so no need to drive if you want. Taxi back is around 55€, last train departs from Central Station ay 00:35. The only bad point was the misunderstood between the travel agency and the hotel staff, somehow the reservation papers were lost...but not sure who to blame (if any)

Dear Andy_iq,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and we are sure that our staff will be pleased to read your compliment.

My team and I would welcome the opportunity to be your hosts once more in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Good price... probably because of the Euro crisis.
3 big buts: room not ready when I checked in at 3:00 PM! They gave me a free drink and I had to wait for an hour. The TV quality is awful and the movies I ordered keep pausing and breaking up. I had to call the front desk. Basic Internet is hardly useable and the upgrade is too expensive. Room OK.

Dear Fernando D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We have taken good note of your comments, and really appreciate your sincerity. This will certainly assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming for.

It is nice to read that you found our rate and our room good.

We do however apologize that your room was not ready at 15.00 hrs.

With regards to the internet, we choose to offer a transparent rate. The internet fee is not included in the room rate, as some other hotels do. Guests who do not want to use internet, do not pay. Guests who need basic use of internet (reading emails and looking at news sites or any other sites with mainly text) can use the free internet option. For heavier users that need to stream music / video or are working with big email attachments, the extended package is advised. This package has a competitive price.

Again we are sorry for the inconvenience you suffered during your stay but we hope you will consider to give us another opportunity during a next stay to show you that this was an exception to the rule.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Recently stayed here on business as the hotel was located close to my companies office. I'd booked using a corporate rate which was still expensive only to find that a colleague also staying here had a further reduced rate, so when checking in thought it would be a simple task of explaining this to them and having it changed no problem. I couldn't have been more wrong, the reply was simply 'tough, that's the rate you've booked at and we're not changing it' there was no negotiation just a flat no! We even asked if they would include breakfast as complemantary but again no!

The room was a fair size but felt musty. On the wall there was a notice by the air conditioning which stated that the room would be set to 18 degrees for my comfort however the thermostat was at 25 degrees and the room was swelteringly hot. I changed the thermostat down but only if you had it on it's highest setting did it actually cool the room down, the downside to this was that it was incredibly noisy so you either couldn't sleep due to the noise or the heat resulting in a poor nights sleep.

Ate at the restaurant and the staff we all attentive and friendly, even helping split our bill down so we could all pay separately with separate bills.

I was there for one night so was able to cope, but if I had needed to stay longer I would have probably looked for another hotel as for the price I expected a lot more.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Picks80,

First of all we would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your comments and post them on Tripadvisor, your feedback is extremely important to us.

It is nice to read that you found our Restaurant staff attentive and friendly. I am sure they will appreciate this complimeny.
We are sorry to read your remarks about the roomrate and the aircontioning.
With regards to the roomrate I understand that you have already discussed this with our Front Office Manager, who explained that we use a rate system equivalent to the rate system of an airline or train. The earlier you book a room, the lower the rate might be.

Furthermore our airconditioning system should work properly and quickly, with the same amount of noice you might expect from this system. The next time you might experience problems with the airconditioning, please contact our Manager On Duty.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

The services provided are quite fine rooms are tranquil and good but TV channels are not so clear, this shouldn't be so in this age. Close to the airport thus good for travellers. Very slow free Internet yet the cost for speedier Internet is too expensive

Room Tip: Close to the Schipol Airport

Dear Charlzeem,

We are pleased to read that you appreciate our rooms and services. We understand that technology of today gives other options for our TV channels. This is being investigated.

Again I would like to thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you again as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I enjoyed the hotel and it's facilities but have a few complaints.

1) Pay per View options are too expensive. I can get a month access for a days access in my country.
2) Free Internet is usefull but slow and upgrading for 1 hour will cost the same as a month payment in my home country.
3) food and drink is way too expensive. Walk five blocks to the closest town plain and you can save 50 to 80 % on food and drink. Pizza in town will cost 3 to 4 euro but in the Hotel it is 12 euro plus a 6 euro room service charge!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaHoofddorp, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Nico F,

It is nice to read that you enjoyed our hotel and our facilities.
We also understand that prices in your home country might differ from prices in our region of the Netherlands. We evaluate our prices regularly and are convinced that they are on a competitive level in this area.

Once more we would like to thank you for your review. My team and I would welcome the opportunity to be your hosts once more in the future, and to receive your next review