Stayed here for three nights in July. Before I get into what was wrong, here are the good points
Fantastic breakfast, huge selection of hot and cold.
Room was big with a nice bed.
Location ten minutes from station, two minutes in a train to the airport and 20/25mins to central.
Room was hot and stuffy all the time, no option to open a window and even with the air conditioning at full and at 5oC still it was stuffy and hard to sleep at night.
Minibar prices were ridiculous - €3.50 for a can of coke?!
Swimming pool was always full of kids which was unappealing.
Although the lobby has apple computer screens, the internet on the actually computers is terribly slow and could do with an upgrade
No free wifi after 24hrs free
Final point - the staff at the front desk. Absolutely useless and malicious.
Arrived and told we have to pay €150 deposit. Front desk staff wouldn't give us change for notes even though they said they had none and could see in the till they did.
Very rude giving only short answers and not interested in us at all
Constantly asking us prying questions, one rudely told us we were meant to check out today until she realised we actually had two days left
I wouldn't stay here again because of the stuffy room and the very rude and manipulative front desk staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is a luxury hotel at only a 10-minute drive from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is conveniently accessible from the airport via an airport shuttle bus service. Located only a few miles from the A4, both Amsterdam and The Hague are within easy reach. This hotel is also the ideal basis to visit the Keukenhof flower bulbs.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol offers a complementary shuttle service to companies in Hoofddorp and the Schiphol area upon request. Hoofddorp train station with direct services to Amsterdam city center and Leiden is only an 8-minute walk.This 242 room hotel features a leisure club with gym and solarium for your well-deserved relaxation after a long journey. Looking for a place to meet? The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol houses 14 multifunctional meeting rooms.The hotel Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol is very proud to introduce its new stylish restaurant Aviator Cafe. In a modern yet sophisticated setting you can enjoy fresh culinary delights inspired by Dutch heritage prepared by our renowned chef.High speed Internet access is available free of charge in all guest rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol Hotel Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hoofddorp
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Hoofddorp