“Close to airport, small bar functional hotel”

Courtyard Amsterdam Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Close to airport, small bar functional hotel”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed on business and attended a meeting here, its not the cheapest hotel at this standards in Amsterdam but the rooms are clean and the seperate shower a real bonus not having to get in the bath for a shower. I had a family room which had a seperate room with two single beds which if id been traveling as a family would have been perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard!

Thank you for being our guest and we are very happy that you feel at home with us. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back with us for yet another visit.

Many thanks also on behalf of the team here at Courtyard.

Warm regards,

Martijn Beekhuis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waconia, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a really nice Courtyard Hotel - helpful staff, great bar and restaurant --- but to say this is an airport hotel is a stretch. They do offer a shuttle service from the airport - but our first ride was 30 minutes!!
We had a single bed mattress pad on our king size bed - never a good thing.
We requested a wake-up call : talked directly to the front desk staff but NEVER received the call. By some miracle, we did wake up in time to get to the airport for our flight to London but it could have been a very bad thing!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
AmsterdamCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014

Thank you for the review that you have left on the tripadvisor page.

Every day we work hard to make the stay of our guests memorable and we take great pride in it if we succeed.
I will pass on the information to my colleagues so we can maintain the service level and standards oft the rooms as they are at the moment.

Burbank, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to a family event in Maastricht, Netherlands. Overall, it is a very nice property and it terms of appearance, room quality, food, etc., it is a cut above many of the Courtyard by Marriott properties that I have stayed at in the USA. I had a small dinner at the bar (due to my late arrival) and thought the food and service was good. The breakfast was excellent with a broad selection. My room was very nicely appointed and the entire property has a very stylish and modern feel. The only drawback was the shuttle. After a long flight from the USA through London Heathrow, I waited almost 50 minutes for the Airport Shuttle. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute ride from the airport and there was apparently construction which caused the delay. However, I was really not up for that long of a wait and thought perhaps the hotel should have added extra staff/ shuttles to accommodate for the delay. On my departure, the shuttle was scheduled to leave at 8:05 and we didn't leave until almost 8:20. I didn't have a flight to catch (instead getting a rental car for the drive to Maastricht) but counted on the shuttle leaving on time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

New York
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a terrible smell. Furniture and carpet has not been replaced for 11 years. House keeping forgot to clean my room one day. Every day I was there house keeping did not pick up glasses in the room, even after I mentioned to the front desk. This is an airport hotel but 20 minutes away. Front desk staff very cordial.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Richard Y
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Two other friends and myself shared a room at the Courtyard near Schiphol. The shuttle pick up was an excellent service and the driver was especially helpful. We felt welcomed to Amsterdam simply by riding with him and his great attitude, I wish I knew his name, but I think it is John. If he had not gone the extra mile to wait for us on our excursion via train down to Central Amsterdam via a return to Schiphol we would've been "out in the rain." Thankfully, our shuttle driver cared about the possibility of late arriving passengers. The shuttle stops running from the airport at 11:30pm. It was 11:42pm when we got on the shuttle and the heavens opened up to pour down rain. We rejoiced at his kindness and went back to a warm and welcoming hotel staff, where we enjoyed a great night sleep and more than adequate accommodations. It's is often the little things that make the difference. Thankful to have discovered them at the Courtyard near Schiphol.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard!

Many thanks also on behalf of the team here at Courtyard.

Warm regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We needed to stay somewhere for one night post cruise and had some Marriott points that we wanted to use. The shuttle from the Central Station was on time and well worth the money. We took it back to the airport the next morning.
We loved this hotel. It was clean, rooms were good size, beds comfortable and the park behind the hotel was an added bonus. We even watched a horse show while we were there. We ate at one of the restaurants on site and the food was wonderful.The staff was very helpful and friendly. We took a bus to the little town of Haarlem. It was a short walk to the bus stop and the bus system was very efficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The establishment was very accommodating and I was just staying one night waiting out a flight the next morning... they had room, so put me on the top floor in a suite size room for a European hotel room (many are dorm room size)... this one was gorgeous... windows on two sides, huge bathroom with large hydro-jet tub, double sink vanity and a three head shower that was the whole back wall of the bath... with the loo in a separate closet... very very nice... this hotel is on the edge of a park with a lake and many trails for riding or walking... it is a little inconvenient from the airport, but they have a shuttle that runs on the half hour... just a note - I was out too late to get the shuttle and a cab was on the order of 30 Euros... pretty high for a quick trip to the other side of the airport... but this one is overall much nicer inside than many Courtyards... also I am Platinum and probably was upgraded to that room for free but would normally be much more expensive...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Martijn Beekhuis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Courtyard Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!