NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,993 results
All reviewsschiphol airportsteam roomshuttle servicebusiness tripfree shuttlethe busan early flightshort staymcdonaldsamsterdamgymconnectiondrivereuropeproximitypersonnelstopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The front desk is very slow at check-in. The hotel seems old and very worn down. The beds feels old and are on wheels(!), so a double bed becomes two single beds in no time, which is very annoying. Duvets are really thin. The minibar is cold...but completely empty! No amenities at all in the bathroom - not even shampoo. The TV is an old Nokia 4:3 format tube screen, poor signal. Remote is not working properly. Over-priced internet in the room, difficult free internet in the lobby (you have to collect a login code and password from the front desk). When returning to the hotel in the evening, none of our two key cards worked, and it took ages for the front desk to code just one card again.
This was maybe a 4 star hotel when it opened a couple of decades ago - but it seems that nothing has been done to it since, so today this is barely a 2 star hotel.
Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Save your money and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This hotel had exceptionally bad service, both in their front desk and their food. The building is old and tired. Like most european hotels, they charge for everything, including internet. They advertise free internet in the lobby, but it is very difficult to connect to and very slow. Many less expensive but better hotels near by.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This was not the usual NH performance! Here are my pros and cons, and I apologize this is so resoundingly negative but what can one do:

PROS:

-Close to the airport (yup, that's all)

CONS:

-they charge 5 EUR to take the shuttle back to Schiphol. It's free to take from Schiphol to the hotel so why isn't it free on the way back?

-the rooms are seriously outdated

-rooms lacked basic amenities such as bottled water

-staff in the bar were slow to attend to our drinks (it wasn't busy) and appeared perturbed by our presence. The front desk staff were very friendly at check-in, but also very slow.

-the TV in my room had a broken remote (the battery door was taped on and it did not work properly. They should have just replaced the remote instead of a half-hearted tape job. To be fair, I did not complain so I don't know how the hotel would have dealt with it.

-One of the worst breakfast buffets I've seen, especially for $19.50 EUR - go across the street to McDonald's would be my recommendation.

Aside from the above-noted "cons," I would describe the hotel as "adequate". It was reasonably quiet and the bed was comfortable enough. Overall, you can stay here in a pinch but I'd definitely recommend that you see what else is in the area!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My mom and I staid at this hotel for private reasons but only because the originally booked hotel overbooked themselves and had to find another accommodation for us.
The hotel is directly located in a business district near the Airport. The only Restaurant you can find there beside the hotel is the MC Donald's around the corner!
The lobby is very old fashioned and the staff does only what they have to do and are really the minimum of friendly! the first words at check in have been.. " Have you been here before?! Oh you are the OUTBOOKED people!" YES thanks, we are!
they handed over the room key and the room is really old fashioned and needs a refurbishment very soon. The whole floor was a smoking floor I believe as the smell of old smoke was everywhere. The view of our room located on the ground floor was directly in front to a tennis court. The windows do not open. The bath was the worst of all. Water marks on the ceiling, a real strange spot in the bath top ( i really could not figure out what it was) an old, very old lamp which was more orange on the ends then in the middle... so really not nice! We had "dinner" in the restaurant where you could sit outside as well, but the waiter could not hardly understand a word as every 2 minutes the airplanes directly passed over the hotel. (Of course it is at the airport but you could think as well of planes going to the other direction)
the waiter was very slow but friendly though. Food was more or less good nothing special. Breakfast in the morning was ok, we arrived at 10:00 am and there was nearly everything empty and they did not think of bring new scrambled egg, or normal things like salami et cetera. All in one no recommencement.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I always stay at this hotel the night before I go on vacation. Schiphol Airport is a two hour drive from my home and I don't want to take the risk to be late for my flight due to traffic jams.
I always leave my car in the hotel parking lot. It's a safe place to leave your car and it's free for up to three weeks with a park, sleep and fly package. The hotel shuttle takes you to the airport in less than 10 minutes.
Staff is always very professional and helpful. They all speak English.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple