“Lovely Airport Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Lovely Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

NH Hoteles is an amazing and innovative hotel chain, that pays attention to little details that makes journeys so much more enjoyable. The soap smells amazing and the breakfast is delicious. The hotel overall is fine, but could really have a renovation. We loved all the NH details. I wish I could give this hotel an excellent rating, however due to several mishaps including misunderstandings with the staff and the rather ageing rooms, I could not. I'm confident to see myself at another NH hotel in the very near future.

Oh and this review is written by me at my room at NH Mediapark, Koln... which so far is a great hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On the other hand, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced with regards to the misunderstandings with our staff. Indeed, we still do have some rooms that could benefit from an renovation, which is currently planned for the end of this year.

Let us know whenever you will be visiting us again, it would be wonderful to welcome you.
For now, I hope you will enjoy your stay at NH in Germany!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Basic mid-range airport hotel about 10 minutes from Schiphol. Room is much like other chain hotels in the area. Didn’t feel that there was anything that made it a standout among its peers. Clean room, standard amenities, WiFi,spacious lobby, helpful staff.
Did have issues with the A/C, room didn't seem to cool down to the temperature I set. Seems to be endemic with like hotels as this was not the first time I've experienced A/C issues at a Schiphol airport hotel.
Not much in the immediate area as far as eating options.
Free parking and a service station just up the road to fill up the rental car.The airport shuttle is free to and from, not like some of the other hotels where Airport to Hotel is free, but there’s a fee for Hotel to Airport. NH appears to be a common hit when using Hotwire.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that you have experienced some inconvenience with the air conditioning - your comments will definitely be discussed with our Technical Department. Please note for next time that our Manager on Duty, available 24/7, is always willing to help and solve your problem right away. In case it concers a (technical) issue we cannot fix immediately, we are always able to offer you another oom.

Since we are located close to the airport in a business area, there are indeed not many possibilities to eat-out in the neigbourhood, but we do offer a large variety of food and drinks in our restaurants and bar in house. On the other hand, Hoofddorp-centre, just a few kilometers aways, locates a wide range of restaurants - which might be an opption too.

Thank you for your comment and for your choosing our hotel for your stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel is old but kept in rather good condition. Also considering the money we paid compare to other hotel in the area for the overnight stay it was definitely a good choice.
Rooms were very clean - mini bar, kettle with coffee and tea available too.
The hotel has a little gym and a nice small pool, whirlpool and sauna at guests disposal until 11pm.
Check out on Sunday is at 5pm - this is a great feature !

Customer service was excellent at both reception and restaurant!!

The only downside of this place is the parking if you reach the place by car like we did; i find it expensive 17,50 per day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Madame,

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We strive to meet the expectations of our guests and it is so nice to read that we have succeeded in most of them with you - especially the Endless Sundy (breakfast till noon and free check-out up to 5 PM on Sunday), which we are offering our guest free of charge and year round.

Regarding the parking costs I would like to mention that we have different rates, also including parking, so hopefully we can offer you a rate that meets your budget for your next stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment and have a wonderful day!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel overnight during a layover from Venice on the way back to the US. The amenities were far better than I am accustomed to in most European hotels (indoor pool, sauna, squash courts, airport shuttle). The employees were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit older but very clean and a great value for the money. In addition, I left an expensive hat in my room and when I contacted them, they were very helpful in arranging the return of my hat. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

David
Knoxville, TN

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and your wonderful comments - it would be our pleasure to welcome you again at the NH Schiphol Airport hotel!

Have a nice day!
Amsterdam
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here prior to my earlier Morning departure. First I could not cool down the room, I called and they sent someone to the room. It would not cooldown because they don't have AC, the fan was just a fan to outside air, as I was on the first floor I could not even open a window.

There is a bright light here, McDonalds is just across the street.

I am glad I only spent one night thre.

Room Tip: Walk across to McDonalds, food is as expected there.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry that you have experienced some inconvenience with regards to the air conditioning. Indeed, the windows in our rooms cannot open as they protect against any noise pollution from the airport.

Due to the fact that the windows cannot open, there is indeed a fan that makes sure fresh air from outside is blown into the room, but the room does has an air conditiong system next to that.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the fact that this hasn't been communicated to you and that there has not been any taken proper action to make the airco work. Agan, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has cause you.

Please do not hesitate to react in case you require any further explanation.
Red Lodge, Montana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a wonderful time ,, the Hotel was very clean and nice ,, Breakfast was really good' I will be back with my family again soon ,,Thank you all for you Hospitality ,,. Me and my Girls enjoy been our stay .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
NHSchipholAirport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience - it would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family again at the NH Schiphol Airport hotel!

Have a nice day!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As you might already have discovered, Amsterdam is a very expensive city. If you are looking for a very nice hotel without breaking the bank, this is your hotel. It is located far from the city center (tourist area), but it offers a free shuttle that in less than 10 minutes will have you at the airport. From the airport, you can take one of the very frequent trains directly to the city center.
This is a very luxurious looking hotel. The rooms are very nice, with lots of amenities. The only disadvantage of the hotel is its location. It is located in the middle of an business area, so it is surrounded only by office buildings and more hotels. There is nothing to see or do in the area, except for a McDonald's restaurant located right outside the parking lot of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

NHSchipholAiport, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Elhia D.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience - it would be our pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel.

Have a wonderful day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!