“good solution for early flight”

Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 17 September 2011

not easy to find a room for 4 but travelling with 3 children I just needed us bunked together. We usually do the sheraton as it is in the airport and very safe and comfy but they wouldn't put us all together ( even though one is a baby) and 2 rooms would cost me about 4 times what I paid at the best western for a suite. It wasn't quite the same atmosphere and you do here airplanes ( about ten through the night) but I was received in a correct and friendly manner, had free parking for the night and you could eat dinner ( though junk for rather high price which is typical for hotel room service) also a macdonalds next door. only remark is that it is maybe not easy to find as it says amsterdam airport hotel instead of best western....

Room Tip: all suites are next to elevators, we didn't hear it but you might want to ask for a quiet floor?
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here recently while transiting Schiphol - I had a room with 2 single beds that was clean enough. Nothing exciting to report about this hotel, which is a good thing. It served its purpose and I'd not hesitate to recommend it or to go back. There was internet, and a shuttle and my bed was comfortable and just what I needed. The staff were friendly and check-in was a breeze.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We arrived at the airport by train from Paris and caught the shuttle to the Best Western Airport for an overnight stay prior to flying home the next morning. The free shuttle was quick and efficient both ways, with a very helpful driver. The room was very modern and large, with a huge bathroom. Clean and comfortable, but nothing special. The only choices for food were the nearby McDonalds (which we had resisted for three weeks throught Europe) and the hotel. For some reason the dining rom was closed and they had a few tables set up at one side of the lobby. We thought that a bit strange, with the desk clerk seating us and giving us menus, but the food was excellent. Good but limited choices. This hotel is perfect for those in transit to AMS and very rasonably priced. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I used Best Western as my base to visit customers and see Amsterdam.
Great that the hotel is that close to the Airport, and that they have free shuttle to the airport.
This saves a lot in Taxi payment. Very nice and friendly atmospere
The breakfast was also fantastic.

Room Tip: Nice clean rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to connecting to a flight to the States the next morning, so it was a last minute booking since I didn't know where to stay. The reason I chose this hotel was because of its airport transportation, which was probably the only nice thing I liked about this hotel. Check-in time was a little slow, the price you pay for the room surely doesn't show when entering your room. Everything in the room is a bit old and worn out. It felt like I was in a two star hotel, which is definitely not worth the price. Upon checking out, I was told that I was being charged for a call that I had never made. Luckily, the charge was taken off quickly after telling the receptionist I had never made any calls.
The only positive I find to this hotel is the airport shuttle to and from the hotel and the McDonalds that was literally steps away, which was convenient for meals.

I do not plan on returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CruzTrip03
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The third hotel in nearly as many days, I stayed here as i was meeting a supplier with my colleague. As i have stayed in more up market hotels i was not expecting much, however I actually liked this place. It was a lot cheaper, needed a bit of touching up here and there, and small desk area in the room, and v basic bathroom, but the staff were pleasant, good breakfast, nice bar, gym and pool. It offers more than some of the more expensive hotels, as such i would use again. If it charged more I'd give it 2 stars overall, the rooms are a bit small and dated, but it offers good value, has good amenities, and free wifi, i have had to pay €10 an hour in other hotels, also the beds were comfortable and the noise levels were good. If you look at price only, this hotel would get 4 stars, good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My problems started at this hotel before my arrival.
I was charged for the first night (3) days before my arrival even though my booking confirmation from booking.com stated as follow ( If cancelled up to 12:00 on the date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, the first night will be charged ).
When I arrived they charged my for my whole stay without asking if I am going to stay for the three nights and most or maybe all hotels they charge when you check out.
They gave me a room with 2 single beds (I am solo) I asked to change to a room with one twin or queen bed (no we can't ) ( no apology given ).
I asked for the two beds to be connected together , how difficult can this be, they do it in all hotels . ( no this cannot be done ) ( no apology given ). I had trouble sleeping for 3 nights.
The room is very small you barley manage to walk around, the view is terrible, and if you want to make coffee or tea you have to drink it in a paper cup.
I had a problem using my in room safe ( the instructions to use the safe was not in English) and I asked a nice person from housekeeping and he tried to help me and could not do it even though he was reading the instruction. I called the reception the first day and she said she did not have anybody to help me now ( no apology given ) and talked to the reception the second day and promised to look into it and at the end of the day nothing has been done. I called the reception and she said it will be fixed ( no apology given ) and nothing happened. H ended up carrying my passport and money with me all the time.
The swimming pool was closed all through my stay at the hotel with no Explanation or( apology )
The breakfast was terrible with limited choices.
The noises from the cars outside the hotel and the airplanes are unbearable.
At check out I had to pay some extra charges and I gave her a (100) euro bill and she said she does not have any change and made like It is my problem not the hotel problem and ( no apology given ). I got all my coins out to make for the difference .
All through my stay for 3 nights none of my problems were fixed and none of my requests were answered and they were not very difficult . I think small requests like these should be answered to keep your customers happy.
But what made me unhappy all through my stay I never heard the world (I am sorry) or saw a smile or heard a greeting. The rudeness of the reception staffs is unthinkable and I have never seen anything like it in all my travelling .
The only plus for this hotel is the airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes until 23:45 and from the airport you can take the train to city central.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ali_o_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!