When I arrived (at midnight) I first figured the hotel would be at the airport, or at least in Schipol. It's not even in Schipol village. It's NOT an airport hotel. Watching the shuttle bus to the 2 star(?) Ibis leave I wished I'd booked that hotel instead. Instead it took me 30min to try, together with the taxi drivers, to figure out where the hotel actually was. 45min and 20 euro later, I arrived to find a rude employee, who did not buzz the taxi in in the middle of the rain, then let me wait at the door a few min, checked me in with the promise of wifi -This is 4 star standard but just as the stay the nights before in Paris, on my floor there was NO wifi. I arrived at my room (corridor stinking of ciggarettes) to find 1) no wifi 2) weird alarm clock which I needed help with to set as I didnt really trust there would be a wake up call, had forgotten my cell phone charger and the hotel didnt have a nokia charger. So I decided to call the guy downstairs... It wasn't possible to make a call, any call! Not even emergency calls (this is a security breach) so I went downstairs to enquire about the alarm clock (he offered a wake up call, I'd just been downstairs arranging the wake up call 10 min before but he'd forgotten that, so obviously I didnt trust the wake up call) and the info there was wifi on my floor, and that he'd unblock the phone. "We block it because people make expensive calls but I'll make an exception for you" I went back up - no help on the alarm clock, no unblocking of the phone, 20min later went back down again to ask the phone to be unblocked and again enquire about wifi "oh sorry no signal on floor 3" and help with the alarm clock. I finally convinced another guy to help me out with the alarm clock, the phone remained blocked throughout the stay, no outward calls whatsoever possible, not even emergency or lobby... shuttle service delayed. Unfriendly staff. How did this place get 4 stars?...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel is a luxurious four star hotel that lives up to the Best Western standards. The hotel stands for personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive price. The hotel offers 24-hour front office, comfortable hotel rooms and an a la carte restaurant. Guests are welcome in our cozy hotel bar and special smoking lounge. The smoking lounge provides a LCD television screen with sports channels, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. Furthermore, the hotel offers free use of its fitness and swimming pool facilities available for all hotel guests, air-conditioning and free wireless internet in the entire hotel. A computer is available at the lobby for hotel guests to use at no additional costs. The hotel is situated along the A4, across Schiphol Airport. By car, Schiphol Airport can be reached within seven minutes. Cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For the business traveler, Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideally located near several business centers. Location / accessibility The hotel is situated along the A4, across airport Schiphol. The airport can be reached within seven minutes by car. A lot of attraction cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For business guests, the Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideal. Airport Schiphol and a lot of business centres in Amsterdam are easy accessible from the hotel. Rooms The hotel offers 190 comfortable deluxe rooms and 5 Quads. The deluxe rooms are equipped with a television, modem, working desk, safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious and additionally offer a kitchenette and a sleeping sofa. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and in weekends from 7:00 till10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 Hrs. Schiphol Airport Shuttle Service Our free shuttle bus departs from the hotel to Schiphol Airport every 30 minutes; on the whole and on the half hour. The first bus departs at 6.00 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.30 P.M. Our free shuttle bus departs from Schiphol Airport to the hotel every 30 minutes; quarter to and quarter past the hour. The first bus departs at 6.15 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.45 P.M. You may find our shuttle bus at Schiphol Airport at the area for hotel shuttle services at platform A9, located directly outside the arrivals hall. This bus may be recognized with the names Best Western Airport & Bastion Hotel stated on its side. A reservation is not required for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. A reservation is required for the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport and can be made at the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Best Western