“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our first stay here, the shuttle bus arrives every 30mins from Schipol Airport and takes 8mins to travel to the hotel. The return shuttle also travels every 30mins in the opposite direction (not after 23:45), it is free and convenient. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We ate breakfast and dinner here and both were excellent, we couldn't fault a thing. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when we had a technical problem with our room on the first night, everything was quickly resolved. We wanted to visit Amsterdam in the day time and enjoy quiet evenings away from the partygoers and large crowds, this hotel suited our purpose perfectly. With the shuttle bus to the airport and the shuttle train to Amsterdam Central Station, we were able to be from the hotel to the Central Station via Schipol airport in under 45mins.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Highlander1518
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

Maik Willems

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Flat Rock, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here on a layover through Amsterdam. It was conveinent and the service was good. The room was a little beat up and dated. You could smell the cigarette smoke when I walked onto the floor. Not a great value but close to the airport.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

Carmichael, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The free bus (a real bus) leaves from A9 at the airport on half hours until midnight, very convenient for late arrivals; the hotel is NOT within walking distance. The hotel also has a van service to the airport but a reservation is strongly suggested and it's more variable. The room was very clean and the service was good, but be aware that your room number does not indicate the floor on which it's located; there are signs in the elevator and on the stairs showing which numbers are on which floors (for instance, a room numbered 3225 is on the second floor). Beds are soft, not firm, and covers are the usual duvet style. Shower water pressure is adequate but not strong, as expected in a water-saving environment. Free wi-fi in the room is good but not exceptionally fast, but fine for email. Overall, a good value, especially if you just need a layover night in changing flights at Schipol.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Cadmus55
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, we really couldn't fault anything in this hotel staff where very nice and polite, hotel room was a great size would really recommend this hotel to family and friends, the hotel also provides a free shuttle bus which take you to and from the airport x

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Check in process was efficient, booked a taxi for the following morning, tax was late, like 20 mins late, possibly not the hotels fault, but they didn't seem too interested in sorting it for me. Breakfast was average, a 2 slice toaster that took forever to toast bread for a hotel of that size was ridiculous. The pool was a nice touch, and the shuttle to and from the airport is great.

The main problem with this hotel is the hotel staff, they really need to go on a customer service course, they are very poor at dealing with any issues. When I got back in my room to nfs that the maid had been to clean the room, I noticed that my electric toothbrush and a new tube of toothpaste were missing. I can only assume the maid removed them from the room. I didn't leave anything else in my room other than a few clothes in the wardrobe, so she maybe thought I had left? Not a problem, I report it at reception hoping they will have one of those traveller kits hotels give out. But no, I was met with laughter from the 3 people behind reception, they didn't believe me, couldn't provide me with any replacement and refused to offer any discount off the room or any compensation. I was asked to fill in a complaints form. Which I did, and went to my meeting having not brushed my teeth, which wasn't pleasant.

I then received a letter off the hotel (Bastion, not Best Western), explaining that anything left in the room was not their responsibility, and if I have an issue to contact the police! Contact the police over a customer service issue? The only person with access to the room was myself and the maid, so they are asking me to contact the police about a member of their staff. Needless to say, I didn't contact the police, I left feedback on their Facebook page and it was removed, they don't reply to my emails.

Hence my issue with the customer service, all this could have been solved by offering me 30 euros off my room rate to replace the items and an apology, I got neither and just laughed at and since told to contact the police.

Needless to say, I won't be staying at a bastion hotel again, and unfortunately it's tarnished my feelings on Best Western, as they have stepped in as the brand either. Reading the other reviews, it seems I'm not the first person to have an issue with the hotel staff laughing at them either.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Davidkn77
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great place for a stopover. Bus from the airport runs pretty consistent from the airport to the hotel every 30 minutes. Great location and much cheaper than hotels closer to the airport. Comfortable rooms but not enough soap in the bathroom. Asked front desk for toothpaste and they were out when I was there. Food was overpriced but there is a McDonalds across the parking lot if that is your thing. Otherwise AMS has plenty of good place to eat if you are headed back to the airport around meal time.
Gym is sparse but adequate.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013

Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

A very nice hotel - excellent staff and the best shuttle service to Airport.. the hotel's location is very nice- next to airport and a big shopping mall .. nice for quick visitors..

they have a shuttle to airport every thirty mins which helps anyone travel to any part of the city or the world :)

rooms are nicely soundproofed ..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Maik Willems
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Couture
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Been to Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!