“John S”

Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Good value,good service, shuttle prompt and driver very obliging. Only one of our party used the gymnasium,but commented it was very well equipped.Only down side was the restaurant,the meal was very good,but appeared rather understaffed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 December 2013

2 nights in the hotel \ gym for free , too bad the pool was closed... free shuttle to airport every 30minutes ! friendly peoplr working in there , go for it! big comfortable bed , fridge and clean bathroom!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent two nights at the BW Amsterdam Airport and found it to be an overall pleasant experience. Free shuttle bus picked me up from stop A9 outside Schipol and took me to hotel. Shuttle runs every half hour and is very convenient. You can use it as much as you want to return to airport and catch train into city. I arrived at hotel very early (7:00 AM) after long flight from US and was happy that helpful front desk staff permitted me to check in early. My room had two single beds, a large bathroom and was clean and overall very comfortable. TV had limited English options and I could not even find CNN or BBC. Free Wifi was strong and came in handy during my stay. Property was quiet at night and I did not feel unsafe at all. There is a small restaurant and a McDonald's in the parking lot for food. Other than that there are no other dining options within walking distance and there is no shop in the hotel for amenities. If you want water or a snack you have to rely on a small and not very well stocked vending machine. I highly recommend bringing bottled water/drinks and your own snacks because there is no where else to buy them. Overall it was a good and relatively inexpensive experience at the BW Amsterdam Airport and it will make a decent option for those visiting Amsterdam or connecting from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

After a very long day stayed overnight prior to flying out. Reception greeting was warm however despite making my booking on the BW website had to fill in another form and discover that they did not have my BW account number. OK: no big deal. Was given a free drink voucher which was a bonus. Wifi is free but they advise you don't use it for Outlook or a VPN.
Tried to find the fitness room and eventually asked at reception to be told it was closed and in process of reconstruction. Having booked the hotel so I could work and then work out I was now pretty disappointed. No mention of reconstruction came with my booking or appeared on the BW website.
So - to improve matters I went for a beer (the voucher was of course for a small one) in the hotel bar. I was really surprised by the number of flies (it is winter after all). Many of these flies were feasting on the bowls of nuts on the bar - not at all nice.
The bed was comfortable and the room did have a kettle which I appreciated and used. Bathroom was spacious and clean but despite having tiny tubes of shampoo and "bath gel" I missed out on a bar of soap.
The shuttle to the airport ran exactly on time and, not only is free, but is a full size coach with room for many passengers and their luggage.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Reading these reviews I'm almost not sure that I stayed in the same hotel. Except I've got the bill in front of me. The room (#527) was spotless, bed was very comfortable, WC was spotlessly clean and room included free wifi and shuttle back and forth from the Schiphol Airport. Everyone at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. I was only there for one night, had dinner in the restaurant and the food was very good. I could hear the planes flying in and taking off but after 11 it seemed they stopped....or I fell asleep. .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Luckily the first of our stays was at the end of a 14 day Dutch tour with two grandkids and their parents. My wife paid for three rooms for one night and we were told we would receive points for the stay. Sorry we don't allow points for international stays for multiple rooms said the fellow at the 800# when we later complained. If you check the Q&A's in the BW FAQ section you'll see that rewards ARE granted.
To carry on this story we had reserved 2 nights in September for ourselves but when we got hassled over the rewards we cancelled those reservations. The traveler's only resort to "get even". However, we did reserve a room for one night at the end of our Sept. trip since this is a great spot when it comes to shuttle service to Schiphol. In addition, our rental company, BB&L in Hoofddorp, let's us leave the car at the hotel the evening before the flight and they pick it up from there. We shuttle in in the morning, no hassle with a rental company. BB&L then sends us the bill to the U.S.
Getting our room for that one night was another matter. We actually checked in without a problem and were sent to Rm. 3539. The room was too hot so my wife went to turn down the heat at the radiator. The handle came off! She took the handle down to the receptionist who now came up with a maintenance person who said it was non-repairable at that moment. The receptionist said there were no other rooms available so we would have to stay in 3539. This did not go over too well and after a brief discussion it was decided that we would take all of our luggage down to the reception desk and they would look for a room. A room was found, next door, #3538. But the card wouldn't open the door, there was a problem. The receptionist then went back to the reception desk, found a "helper" (from Slovenia) and they both came back to 3538. The helper was able to take the lock apart and discovered had dead batteries. Where were the batteries? Helper said they were short and probably didn't have them but the receptionist then went back to the reception and finally returned with new batteries. Between the two of them they reassembled the locking mechanism and all was well. We had a good night's rest, finally.
To make a long story longer we went back to the reception desk and discussed the lack of points we received for our June visit with the family. The desk people agreed we were there, all 6 of us, and that my wife had paid the entire bill with her credit card. They assured us we would be given credit for the missing two rooms in June. End of story? No, we await our rewards and it is now November.
BW did compensate us with a 28 euro deduction from our bill!

PostScript:The reception desk staff was great, they just don't have the support from the superior beings who run the hotel. The maintenance is pathetic but the personnel help compensate.

Room Tip: Check you dead bolt, in June we had a room with a dead bolt but no handle to use it! Our daughter...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank markinch2016
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our first stay here, the shuttle bus arrives every 30mins from Schipol Airport and takes 8mins to travel to the hotel. The return shuttle also travels every 30mins in the opposite direction (not after 23:45), it is free and convenient. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We ate breakfast and dinner here and both were excellent, we couldn't fault a thing. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when we had a technical problem with our room on the first night, everything was quickly resolved. We wanted to visit Amsterdam in the day time and enjoy quiet evenings away from the partygoers and large crowds, this hotel suited our purpose perfectly. With the shuttle bus to the airport and the shuttle train to Amsterdam Central Station, we were able to be from the hotel to the Central Station via Schipol airport in under 45mins.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Highlander1518
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Maik Willems

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
citizenM Schiphol Airport

Been to Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!