This hotel is a bargain considering how close it is to the airport. A complimentary shuttle is offered every half hour to and from the airport and the train station in the airport offers quick and frequent transport to Amsterdam Central. The hotel itself is a little dated, the rooms are not huge and furnishings are sparse (not even a luggage stand), but the beds are comfortable and again the price is right! There is no bar soap, good as even a small bar is seldom all used so very wasteful but bad as a bath/body gel just doesn't cut it for quick hand washes. We stayed at the hotel on two occasions as we were flying in and out of Amsterdam and the second time was not as good as the first. We couldn't make our door key card work. We tried both sides of the end with the big arrow and the word "insert" (of course we should have tried the other end as well) to no avail so assumed the card had not been activated. That meant waiting in the long check-in line again to find the cards had been incorrectly printed. The duvet cover on one bed was about 6 inches too short for the duvet and the switch on the headboard for one bedside lamp did not work so it meant getting in and out of bed to plug or unplug the reading lamp. We were there for a few nights and reported the lamp problem the first day, but it was not fixed while we were there. However, all minor things. We were in a front facing room for our first stay and were very aware of airplanes flying overhead. We were in a backside room the second time and did not hear any air traffic at all. Don't take the stairway. We were in a higher room and decided to do the stairs for exercise. For some reason, the doors are locked and you need a key for a room on the correct floor to get out! So we walked back up and took the elevator anyway! But staff is friendly and location is everything. We will certainly stay there again when back in Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel is a luxurious four star hotel that lives up to the Best Western standards. The hotel stands for personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive price. The hotel offers 24-hour front office, comfortable hotel rooms and an a la carte restaurant. Guests are welcome in our cozy hotel bar and special smoking lounge. The smoking lounge provides a LCD television screen with sports channels, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. Furthermore, the hotel offers free use of its fitness and swimming pool facilities available for all hotel guests, air-conditioning and free wireless internet in the entire hotel. A computer is available at the lobby for hotel guests to use at no additional costs. The hotel is situated along the A4, across Schiphol Airport. By car, Schiphol Airport can be reached within seven minutes. Cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For the business traveler, Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideally located near several business centers. Location / accessibility The hotel is situated along the A4, across airport Schiphol. The airport can be reached within seven minutes by car. A lot of attraction cities like Zaanstad, Haarlem and Leiden are well accessible. For business guests, the Best Western Amsterdam Airport hotel is ideal. Airport Schiphol and a lot of business centres in Amsterdam are easy accessible from the hotel. Rooms The hotel offers 190 comfortable deluxe rooms and 5 Quads. The deluxe rooms are equipped with a television, modem, working desk, safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious and additionally offer a kitchenette and a sleeping sofa. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and in weekends from 7:00 till10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 Hrs. Schiphol Airport Shuttle Service Our free shuttle bus departs from the hotel to Schiphol Airport every 30 minutes; on the whole and on the half hour. The first bus departs at 6.00 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.30 P.M. Our free shuttle bus departs from Schiphol Airport to the hotel every 30 minutes; quarter to and quarter past the hour. The first bus departs at 6.15 A.M. And the last bus departs at 11.45 P.M. You may find our shuttle bus at Schiphol Airport at the area for hotel shuttle services at platform A9, located directly outside the arrivals hall. This bus may be recognized with the names Best Western Airport & Bastion Hotel stated on its side. A reservation is not required for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. A reservation is required for the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport and can be made at the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Hotelopia and Hotels.com so you can book your Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hotel Hoofddorp
- Best Western Hoofddorp
- Hoofddorp Best Western