“Functional airport hotel”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Lochristi
“Functional airport hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Bastion hotels is part of the Best Western group, so if you look for the free shuttle at the airport, look for a blue van with both logo's of Bastion and Best Western.
The vans are rather small and for that reason they might be full before all passengers are accommodated.
Unlike Best Western near the airport, Bastion.hoofddorp is in the middle of nowhere so nothing to see or do near the hotel.
The hotel is basic but serves the purpose because all you need is there.
Clean comfortable room with tv, small bathroom and coffe/tea maker.
Guests who come with a car can make a deal with the hotel to leave the car at the big parking while on voyage.
Breakfast buffet cost 8 euro and the menus card in the room for other meals has no price indication what may suggest the the price is rather high.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel from April 15-April 18 .Very very friendly and helpful staff, especially Jeroen, Gabi Jenifer, Milan the driver( sorry I don't remember everyone's name.
Clean, great buffet breakfast.
Very convenient to be close to the airport.
Great value for the money.
I would definetely recommend to other people.

Room Tip: No swimming pool, or at least I did not notice Not for kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elberta F
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Just returned from spending four nights at the 'Bastion'. Chosen for its close proximity to the airport and its reasonable prices.A shuttle bus runs from the airport but if arriving by car it wasn't very easy to find as its tucked away behind a fire station.Reception staff were friendly and helpful.The room was basic and the beds rather small and low. Bathrooms again small,with just a shower.All o.k. for the price but cleaning fell short. The carpet on the stairs and hall had remains of food dropped on them,which remained throughout my stay of 4 nights.Carpets in the room also remained dirty.On returning one evening,found that the room hadn't been made up.Someone had put the 'do not disturb'sign on the door.This was strange as we spoke to the housemaid on leaving the room in the morning.She said that she didnt want the door left open.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Geoffrey K
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I needed a hotel that was convenient for Schiphol.

The area where the shuttle bus collects outside the hotel is very busy with other hotels' buses and the first Bastion bus drove past withou stopping so I had to wait 45 minutes late at night.

The remote control for the TV did not work. The receptionaist (also bar tender/chef and door operator) said she had no spare batteries but gave me a new remote and put the old batteries in it. Surprise it did not work! She finally changed it for a remote from another room so i guess whoever guests that room next will have no remote control.

There was several week's dust on top of the fridge and when I mentioned it on check-out the staff were simply not interested.

I needed a budget hotel but I would pay more next time rather than stay in this dirty place in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kathy f
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

lincs uk
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We had to stay overnight at Schiphol airport because of heavy snow and a cancelled flight. I booked via booking.com and got a great rate of 72e for a twin room. It is very clean and was good value but they really needed to employ more staff. The reception staff were running the bar and in a busy airport hotel it just didnt work!

We waited ages to check in and then had to wait for ages to get a drink later !

Room Tip: dont book directly - people were paying three times more than us for a single room for the night
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Looking for a night in Amsterdam with someone special, I booked this hotel via a famous online booking engine. Because I didn't book directly, they said I wouldn't have miles credited on any of my favourite loyalty programmes. Also probably due to the discounted rate I got, I would have to pay eur13 for breakfast. TV was ok, but quite limited choice of channels for a 4 star. If I wanted drinks, I'd have to get them them from the vending machines downstairs. The swimming pool is shallow and not warm enough. And last but not least, I couldn't even find a pen in the bedroom when I needed one. Good points: frequent shuttle to airport, nice staff, free parking and good sound isolation (you don't hear the planes taking off, when you close the windows)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp, responded to this review, 17 December 2012

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Reviewed 1 December 2012

This is a clean and comfortable hotel which is conveniently located for the airport. The shuttle bus is very convenient. The staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was good but the evening meals seemed a bit limited and not many people seemed to be eating there. My room was a good size, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and with good facilities although you have to make sure the water doesn't get too hot. Very good value.

Room Tip: My room overlooked a basket ball pitch and was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Amsterdam.

Maik Willems
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Best Western Amsterdam Airport Hotel
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport

Been to Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp? Share your experiences!