Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
US$82
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,347 results
All reviewsoffice buildingfree shuttlerailway stationshuttle servicefree breakfastrooms are smallmin walkthe breakfast areaother hotelsthe busbusiness areabusiness parkyogurtmodern hotelan early flightamsterdam airportshort stay
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Quiet, clean and looks brand new. The shuttle was quick and easy. Restaurants in the area were a little walk away through a dark park. Breakfast was a huge selection compared to Hamptons in America. My husband thought one of the staff at the reception desk was grouchy, but I wasn't there to witness any rudeness

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a brand new hotel and for the price a great bargain. Within a very short shuttle ride just outside arrival from Terminal 1-2. The rooms are well appointed with very comfortable beds. This is a great and convenient choice close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Michele T

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and at the Hilton for one night. My thoughts:

Hampton is new, and that shows. The lobby and rooms are very clean, and check in was efficient and without incident. The free breakfast is a nice touch (even for those without status), but does make the buffet a bit of a free for all in the morning.

Now the downsides. It's further from the airport than you think, and if you're driving it's not overly easy to find. Then there's the size of the rooms, which whilst ok for one person I reckon if I'd been with my wife we'd have been falling over each other. The whole room felt a little claustrophobic. It's also a trek back to the airport to get the train into the city; even with the free shuttle.

The airport Hilton was around €100 more expensive, but (I'm Hilton Diamond so other opinions may vary greatly if you don't have status) the better breakfast, proximity to the intercity train into Amsterdam, and the exec lounge offering a range of drinks and snacks makes that a price worth paying. Even though the hotel feels very dated now they're building the new Hilton next door and therefore not doing a great amount of upkeep on the existing property.

All in all, I'll likely stick with the airport Hilton in future. Nothing against the Hampton, but the convenience offered deserves the price premium, IMHO.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 March 2014

As the title says - the breakfast wa positively dreadfull. Grey bacon, stale bread products, warmed hotdogs, instant eggs. No way to adjust the room temperature down - except opening the window and of course being close to an airport that was difficult. No dinner served and local walking distance restaurant was expensive. Nice hotel though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests. I will take up your comments with the departments involved to see if we can change on the comments you gave.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future. Kind regards and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was my first visit to the Hampton Inn in Hoofddorp. I've stayed at other hotels close to the Amsterdam airport, but I would rate this one at the very top based on value.

The common area was bright, inviting and well maintained. The room for the price was good and clean and well portioned. Since I was here on business I spent a considerable amount of time on line, and the connection speed and easy was as expected from HHonnors

Service was excellent. Not over the top, but you can see Hilton's influence on this newer property.

This Hampton will be at the top of my list for return visits.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014