“Sleep within steps of AMS airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Skaneateles, United States
“Sleep within steps of AMS airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a brand new hotel and for the price a great bargain. Within a very short shuttle ride just outside arrival from Terminal 1-2. The rooms are well appointed with very comfortable beds. This is a great and convenient choice close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michele T
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 18 March 2014

Kind regards and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nuneaton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and at the Hilton for one night. My thoughts:

Hampton is new, and that shows. The lobby and rooms are very clean, and check in was efficient and without incident. The free breakfast is a nice touch (even for those without status), but does make the buffet a bit of a free for all in the morning.

Now the downsides. It's further from the airport than you think, and if you're driving it's not overly easy to find. Then there's the size of the rooms, which whilst ok for one person I reckon if I'd been with my wife we'd have been falling over each other. The whole room felt a little claustrophobic. It's also a trek back to the airport to get the train into the city; even with the free shuttle.

The airport Hilton was around €100 more expensive, but (I'm Hilton Diamond so other opinions may vary greatly if you don't have status) the better breakfast, proximity to the intercity train into Amsterdam, and the exec lounge offering a range of drinks and snacks makes that a price worth paying. Even though the hotel feels very dated now they're building the new Hilton next door and therefore not doing a great amount of upkeep on the existing property.

All in all, I'll likely stick with the airport Hilton in future. Nothing against the Hampton, but the convenience offered deserves the price premium, IMHO.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

As the title says - the breakfast wa positively dreadfull. Grey bacon, stale bread products, warmed hotdogs, instant eggs. No way to adjust the room temperature down - except opening the window and of course being close to an airport that was difficult. No dinner served and local walking distance restaurant was expensive. Nice hotel though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests. I will take up your comments with the departments involved to see if we can change on the comments you gave.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future. Kind regards and have a great day!
Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Hampton Inn in Hoofddorp. I've stayed at other hotels close to the Amsterdam airport, but I would rate this one at the very top based on value.

The common area was bright, inviting and well maintained. The room for the price was good and clean and well portioned. Since I was here on business I spent a considerable amount of time on line, and the connection speed and easy was as expected from HHonnors

Service was excellent. Not over the top, but you can see Hilton's influence on this newer property.

This Hampton will be at the top of my list for return visits.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had a very good stay here recently. The rate was excellent - €58 incl tax. The shuttle bus from the airport was on time with a friendly driver. Hotel staff were uniformly welcoming and helpful. The room was spacious and nicely kitted out. The property is under a year old and in an excellent state of repair. The lobby was pleasantly decorated. The breakfast offering was very impressive compared to Hampton Inns in the USA and offered a good spread of hot and cold items. Hoofddorp station was only a 10 min walk away with regular trains into Amsterdam Zuid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 7 March 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

An excelent hotel near to the airport. It is only 10mins by shuttle bus and offers excellent accommodation with friendly and helpfull staff. Its facilities are also very good and you can be sure of a good nights sleep. There are many excellent hotels nearby or you can arrange a take away to be delivered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 26 February 2014

Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

we are 4 adults travelling together for the weekends, and we got this huge room. for the price we pay, it is very worth it. definitely come back to this hotel for our next trip. hotel interior was nice and clean. thumbs up hampton :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 20 February 2014

Kind regards and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!