“Excellent Overnight Stay”

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Decided to visit Amsterdam for one night on way back from UK. Chose this property because it was close to the airport and offered free shuttle service. Since we were getting into AMS at 8:00 a.m. I emailed the hotel and asked if I could get early check-in. I had a prompt response indicating that they would be happy to do so as long as rooms were available. The hotel shuttle was right on time for pick up on the half hour at Schiphol. Check in was easy and we went right to the room and dropped our bags. Went back downstairs to catch the shuttle back to the airport to get the train to Amsterdam Centraal Station not realizing we had to reserve. One of the front desk agents had overheard us talking about it and figured we intended to do that so he had added our names to the reservation. Talk about anticipating and going out of his way to be of service! He also advised to get the train directly back to Hoofddorp so that we would not need to wait for the shuttle on our return. We took his advice and only had a 5 min walk from the station to the hotel.
We asked for a room on a low floor and so were given a first floor room. Although quite low we did not get any road noise (a factor that is a problem in many hotels). Room was fine, clean, and modern with plenty of electrical outlets so we could charge our phones etc without having to wait on each other. Bathroom had shower cream and shampoo in those containers that are attached to the shower wall and hand wash and moisturizer in attached containers near the sink. Wifi was available in the rooms as well as in the common areas and was quite strong.
The free breakfast the next morning was more than adequate. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, cold meats, pastries, croissants, breads, yogurt, cereal, juice. I think they even had English breakfast beans. Impressed.
Check out was a breeze and the shuttle brought us back to the airport in plenty of time for our flight out. We will definitely stay at this property again and are very happy to recommend it if you are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, not so conveniently located for other destinations one might have in the region. But the hotel is clean ans quiet and the staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Reviewed 19 March 2014

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member I was interested to see how the quintessentially American Hampton brand would translate to Europe. Very well, judging on this stay. Free airport shuttle, efficient & friendly staff on check in, free wifi and comfortable room. (Just one suggestion - they could give Honors members free water & a snack in their room like Hampton does in the US?) Breakfast was very good, much better than in an American Hampton.
I was also extremely impressed with how a member of staff (Janet or Janice?) coped at breakfast with some cheapskates that were trying to take copious sachets of breakfast condiments up to their room and then got rude with her when she explained they were for consumption in the breakfast lounge. She kept her cool and remained courteous under pressure. Well done!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests. I will pass on these comments to Janis aswell as the written note you left upon check-out. She will be very happy with these kind of comments!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on my way out of Europe, so I could be close to the airport for my early morning flight. The hotel is in a good location and offered complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport. I didn't see any restaurants nearby within walking distance, but the hotel staff had snacks/drinks available at the hotel bar area which worked out great. The staff was very accommodating and helpful! My room was very clean, comfortable, and had a good view (stayed on the 4th floor facing the train tracks). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LasVegasAbbyH
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Quiet, clean and looks brand new. The shuttle was quick and easy. Restaurants in the area were a little walk away through a dark park. Breakfast was a huge selection compared to Hamptons in America. My husband thought one of the staff at the reception desk was grouchy, but I wasn't there to witness any rudeness

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a brand new hotel and for the price a great bargain. Within a very short shuttle ride just outside arrival from Terminal 1-2. The rooms are well appointed with very comfortable beds. This is a great and convenient choice close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Michele T

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and at the Hilton for one night. My thoughts:

Hampton is new, and that shows. The lobby and rooms are very clean, and check in was efficient and without incident. The free breakfast is a nice touch (even for those without status), but does make the buffet a bit of a free for all in the morning.

Now the downsides. It's further from the airport than you think, and if you're driving it's not overly easy to find. Then there's the size of the rooms, which whilst ok for one person I reckon if I'd been with my wife we'd have been falling over each other. The whole room felt a little claustrophobic. It's also a trek back to the airport to get the train into the city; even with the free shuttle.

The airport Hilton was around €100 more expensive, but (I'm Hilton Diamond so other opinions may vary greatly if you don't have status) the better breakfast, proximity to the intercity train into Amsterdam, and the exec lounge offering a range of drinks and snacks makes that a price worth paying. Even though the hotel feels very dated now they're building the new Hilton next door and therefore not doing a great amount of upkeep on the existing property.

All in all, I'll likely stick with the airport Hilton in future. Nothing against the Hampton, but the convenience offered deserves the price premium, IMHO.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Kind regards and have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!