“No hotel shuttle from the Airport later in the evening”

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
London, England.
“No hotel shuttle from the Airport later in the evening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

As others have said this is a new, good looking, budget-style accommodation a few km from the Airport. Rooms are small but offer everything you need for a comfortable night and rates, which include Wifi and breakfast for all, are reasonable.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from the airport but if you're arriving later in the evening take care with this. We reached the airport shuttle stop at 2340 only to find that the last shuttle (which incidentally runs only every 30 minutes) had left at 2330. We'd checked details on the Hotel website and there was no warning of this absence of night time service. We called the Hotel to ask for help and they told us to take a public bus which we couldn't find so in the end we took a taxi to the hotel at a cost of Eur 23. We complained upon arrival and the staff told us to speak with the manager the next morning which we did, and after we had been woken unhappily by someone else's misdirected wake up call at 0615 which didn't help our sense of humour.

The manager was understanding. He booked us a return shuttle (which you need to do) and refunded our cab fare but all-in-all this was quite a stressful experience and one that I doubt we'd choose to repeat when laying over at Schiphol Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tint7003
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 1 April 2014

Kind regards and have a nice day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Potterville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently completed two separate one night stays at this hotel and will be forever grateful for the staff allowing me to check in early upon arriving from a transatlantic flight. For both stays, the service was top notch and the rooms were tidy and in order. Unfortunately, I missed the breakfast but was told by other guests that they were pleased by it. The location is superb, right across from the train station and just a few minutes from Schiphol. Hoofddorp itself is a great place, it's clean, safe and there are a lot of restaurants and cafes.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the train station are quiet with the windows closed.
1 Thank Jacob W
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 28 March 2014

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a modern clean hotel about 10 minutes from Schipol. It's basic, so please don't expect a quality restuarant meal on-site, although there are restaurants close by.

The hotel provides a free shuttle bus, albeit every 30 minutes - so please check timings first as you could be waiting along time for the shuttle bus - no fun with hungry, tired kids!

The check in is fast, friendly and efficient - the staff enjoy working for Hilton and this comes through in the service from the team.

The rooms are clean and well designed with a good sized bed, air-con, tea/coffee and good shower.

An inclusive breakfast which includes both hot and cold items makes this a great value stay and with a 10 minute walk to the local station, it gives great access to Amsterdam central with all the attractions.

A good value tourist hotel worth considering if want to avoid frills with a price tag.

Room Tip: It's a quiet hotel, so all rooms appear to be good value.
2 Thank KentHonestTraveller
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Decided to visit Amsterdam for one night on way back from UK. Chose this property because it was close to the airport and offered free shuttle service. Since we were getting into AMS at 8:00 a.m. I emailed the hotel and asked if I could get early check-in. I had a prompt response indicating that they would be happy to do so as long as rooms were available. The hotel shuttle was right on time for pick up on the half hour at Schiphol. Check in was easy and we went right to the room and dropped our bags. Went back downstairs to catch the shuttle back to the airport to get the train to Amsterdam Centraal Station not realizing we had to reserve. One of the front desk agents had overheard us talking about it and figured we intended to do that so he had added our names to the reservation. Talk about anticipating and going out of his way to be of service! He also advised to get the train directly back to Hoofddorp so that we would not need to wait for the shuttle on our return. We took his advice and only had a 5 min walk from the station to the hotel.
We asked for a room on a low floor and so were given a first floor room. Although quite low we did not get any road noise (a factor that is a problem in many hotels). Room was fine, clean, and modern with plenty of electrical outlets so we could charge our phones etc without having to wait on each other. Bathroom had shower cream and shampoo in those containers that are attached to the shower wall and hand wash and moisturizer in attached containers near the sink. Wifi was available in the rooms as well as in the common areas and was quite strong.
The free breakfast the next morning was more than adequate. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, cold meats, pastries, croissants, breads, yogurt, cereal, juice. I think they even had English breakfast beans. Impressed.
Check out was a breeze and the shuttle brought us back to the airport in plenty of time for our flight out. We will definitely stay at this property again and are very happy to recommend it if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 22 March 2014

Lahr, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located to the airport, not so conveniently located for other destinations one might have in the region. But the hotel is clean ans quiet and the staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Drogheda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member I was interested to see how the quintessentially American Hampton brand would translate to Europe. Very well, judging on this stay. Free airport shuttle, efficient & friendly staff on check in, free wifi and comfortable room. (Just one suggestion - they could give Honors members free water & a snack in their room like Hampton does in the US?) Breakfast was very good, much better than in an American Hampton.
I was also extremely impressed with how a member of staff (Janet or Janice?) coped at breakfast with some cheapskates that were trying to take copious sachets of breakfast condiments up to their room and then got rude with her when she explained they were for consumption in the breakfast lounge. She kept her cool and remained courteous under pressure. Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests. I will pass on these comments to Janis aswell as the written note you left upon check-out. She will be very happy with these kind of comments!

Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night on my way out of Europe, so I could be close to the airport for my early morning flight. The hotel is in a good location and offered complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport. I didn't see any restaurants nearby within walking distance, but the hotel staff had snacks/drinks available at the hotel bar area which worked out great. The staff was very accommodating and helpful! My room was very clean, comfortable, and had a good view (stayed on the 4th floor facing the train tracks). I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank LasVegasAbbyH
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, 19 March 2014

Kind regards and have a nice day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!