“Would not return”

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff was kind. Shuttle was branded with different company's logo, so had to wait 30 min for it to come round again. Morning shuttles were full, so had to take train to airport. Shower pulsed cold then hot water.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank David C

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed there for a night before our flight to Barcelona. Staff was very helpful. Rooms are smaller than most hotels in USA. No mini bar or fridge in room. Also no room service, if you need food the staff will help you with a delivery menu from outside. Breakfast buffet was ok, very few selection. Overall good for single night and business trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our first stay of in Hampton brand. It's a quality budget hotel. The hotel provides the shuttle transport from airport which was prompt and shared between the holiday inn express which is near to this hotel. Front desk was prompt. Check in took a minute rooms were quiet big, modern and clean & bathroom is good also bathroom products are of good quality. The breakfast was very good.
Location is very good for airport access, the train station is very near i would say two mins walk. It takes 30 mins to reach Amsterdam. There aren't much choice for food near by and the reception staff can make pizza's for you. You can have chips & cold-drinks.
Good value for money

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank racy846

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our room was Europe style size. As all Hamptons all linens were clean upon arrival. It is so relaxing to have spamming clean bedspreads, too. Room design was efficient.
The breakfast was exceptional for most hotels. Good hot and cold selections. Also, we instantly gave us the European flair. Shuttle bus was prompt.
The ladies at the front desk seemed abrupt, but, it turned out to be a language barrier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grandma39

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hard mattresses, very soft pillows (no extras were available). location is great for airport access, but not for much else. Walk into town (Hoofddorp) is about 10 minutes. A few restaurants and at least one coffeeshop can be found. Staff were present and attentive, but could be friendlier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've just spent the night on an airport stopover at the Hampton. Its a new quality / budget type hotel. It's my first time at Schipol and its a big airport but I found the bus stand easily - they run every 30 mins each way up to midnight then from very early morning. Around ten mins and your at the hotel which is in a nearby district. There are restaurants in vicinity if needed but it is in a business type district. Rail station is 2 mis away if needed. Anyway , the staff were excellent , check in took about 1 minute , and my room was very modern, warm , spotlessly clean and the bed was perfect. I slept better than at home. Cosy duvet , quality pillows and a plasma tv with a very good selection of channels for every nationality. Bathroom products are in dispensers on wall but they too are top quality.
Breakfast was very plentiful , bistro/buffet style with European hot and cold items and hot / cold drinks and juices. It's taken in the ground floor. There is a gym / fitness room which adds to the quality. I would say this range are pitched at the HI express type market but for me the Hampton has the edge in terms of value for money and quality.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt44England

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed at this airport hotel on 3 separate trips through Amsterdam. This hotel is consistently very good. Nice sized, although not big, clean rooms with modern fixtures and decorations. The breakfast is above average for this type of hotel with nice selections of both hot and cold dishes. The staff are very friendly and helpful, answering questions on airport transportation and local interests. The hotel is a little confusing to find but with a good map or GPS is no problem. De Pimpernel (Hoofddorp) is one of my all time favorite restaurants anywhere and it is about 1/2 mile away, easy walking distance. If you are in the area you gotta try it. I will continue to stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BigDaddy3859
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards and have a nice day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!