“No Restaurant”

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was really disappointed when I requested to be shown the hotel restaurant and I was told the Hotel doesn't have restaurant that sells launch or dinner. I had to go back to Schiphol Airport to look for food. Somebody like me that was stressed up by a long trip, doesn't need to start struggling to get food.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards and have a great day

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is an excellent hotel. We would not hesitate to return. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff is courteous and friendly. Proximity to the airport (15 minutes by free shuttle) was definitely a benefit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Patrick A
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A very short train ride to the airport or a free airport shuttle is available. Another great plus is the breakfast and free parking. Amsterdam have very little parking so it was nice to find a hotel with safe and free parking. The rooms are average size for European hotels. Very clean and comfortable beds. The staff was very busy most of the time but still extremely friendly and helpful. The only down side is it is a little far from downtown. However the train station is very close.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher P

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel's description is misleading. Hotel is close to the airport but not at the airport and far from any shops. Vwry isolated. The rooms are also tiny! Website pics show massive space. We had a cot in the room too and there was no space for anything at all after that. Also no food other than breakfast available-will have to walk far to get that. Not expensive but not a great experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Inger F

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with me. I really appreciate all of the feedback I receive from our guests. i am sorry we did not met up to all of your expectations. Hopefully you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel due to reasonable price and location to Amsterdam and airport. We found the rooms very clean, and sad I know but was pleased to see a ironing board and iron. The beds are quite hard, which we don't mind, but some people might not be. The usual coffee and tea facilities. The hallways needed hoovering and there was a stain outside on of the rooms that looked like it someone had tried cleaning it but didn't do a good job.

Selma on reception was, we feel the most friendliest member of staff. Natural smile and very friendly.

We think the only down fall was breakfast time. The "breakfast area" wasn't big enough for the amount of people that was there. Food items weren't refilled quick enough, we had a continental breakfast, my husband would have like a hot breakfast but it was empty when we arrived and you couldn't exactly wait as you were constantly in peoples way. We were glad it was included in the cost of the room as we wouldn't have been happy being charged like some places. The tables were cleared quickly though, so that was good.

It is in a very quiet area, and only 15 min walk to the shopping area, where there are some lovely stores and nice eating places.

We would stay again as train station just across the road for Amsterdam and Airport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vixxy1969

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May to specifically to visit the Kerkenhof Gardens. Avery convenient location as the shuttle bus take you to and from Schiphol airport and from there you can catch the connecting bus to the Gardens or trains to Amsterdam.

Nice staff and hotel; the reason for my writing was, one morning at breakfast the staff were watching very carefully two women, possibly a mother and daughter who had about half a dozen slices of bread, meat and salad, clearly to make themselves a packed lunch. Regrettably the staff spoke rather loudly asking the women whether they were going to eat the bread at breakfast as the hotels' policy was that food could not be removed from the restaurant. The older of the two women left in embarrassment, leaving the younger woman to carry on eating and to be spoken again by the staff about the extra food, she then left leaving the food.

It was a most regrettable incident for all of us seated around them. May I suggest for the future, a sign informing residents either in the room, at breakfast service area or at the table about the removal of food not being allowed, as I'm sure this will probably happen again!
My delay in writing was that a similar incident happened recently at a different hotel and was handled by the staff in a very diplomatic manner.

Room Tip: Choose a high level floor, there are trains, cars, planes but not board to view from our window and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Living in Aruba and travelling to the UK every year, I always break the trip in Amsterdam as I have 3 small kids. I've stayed in a few hotels around Schiphol but this was my first stay here and I won't be going anywhere else in future. I was very impressed. Everything from the decor, to the service and the breakfast were top class. This hotel is a little gem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

I am looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards and have a great weekend!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
1 mi away
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam - Schiphol
4 mi away
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!