“Very good airport hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
Luxembourg
“Very good airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed two nights last week during a massive business trip (4 countries in 4 days), and the best hotel of all was definitely the Hyatt. The rooms are very spacious, clean, with great bed and have big windows.
Breakfast offers good choices - just missing some bacon :-)

Shuttle works perfectly on time, the receptionists and staff are very young and friendly. I had all the help I needed.

The only missing point for 'excellent' would be the dining menu: There is not much to choose from (while expensive...), and during our second night we went to the airport to have dinner there. They could add more vegetarian options, for example.

All in all I would stay here again!

1 Thank paternionerin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights with our toddler, just in time for Keukenhof. Rooms are clean and spacious, location is near the airport (with exclusive shuttle bus to and from Schiphol). Chic interiors, definitely not your tired, run-down looking hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dyowsa
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

When I stayed here this week, I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful decor of not only the lobby but the rooms. However: as soon as I entered my room I could smell the most disgusting smell that seemed to be coming from air con. When I called down to complain they said there was nothing they could do about it. Restaurant I was offed al la carte menu (which was minimal to say the least) or buffet at 24 euros, I chose buffet and it was awful. Gym facilities good. When I washed my hair I could not find hair dryer in room so I called again to reception to ask if someone could replace my missing one, they told me so wine would be up 30 mins as they are too busy just now. After an hour I went to reception myself with wet hair, the blonde receptionist was awful, she shrugged shoulders and said we r fully booked and do t have a hairdryer for you, but I can get you some straighteners ?????? Unbelievably arrogant and not helpful at all. I will not be back.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Brand new (I think 2014 opening) airport hotel. Nice modern and spacious rooms with all comfort you would expect. Excellent breakfast is included in room rate. Restaurant is okay with typical but limited mix of choices for an international set of guests. Nice bar area with a small market where you can by drinks and food 24h for reasonable prices. Free shuttle service to the airport which is needed if you want to go anywhere because the hotel is situated a bit outside of Hoofddorp.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Typical airport hotel - lobby always full of rude and tetchy guests checking in (especially the Americans). Room is superb - spacious and comfortable with a fabulous bathroom.
BUT
Got off to a bad start - they publish a timetable for their shuttle bus from the terminal to the hotel, with 30 minute intervals between collections, and I waited 45 minutes for one to arrive at 8pm.
No food available in the bar - have to eat in a restaurant which is too smart for bar food yet not smart enough for good dining. Very limited menu choices - and even some of that (Rib eye steak) was only average. Pricey - salad, then steak then fresh fruit with 2 small beers cost €51 + tip.
I've stayed at other hotels on Schiphol and most offer similar quality rooms for this price (€135/night) but far superior choice and quality of dining

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Stefan B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Tim C

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments.

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Stefan Bloemker
Buelach, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Staying here the first time. Staff at reception is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very modern and spacy. Breakfast is included, choice is very good. Gym is also very good. This can become my new place for AMS.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Roland S
Dear Roland_Ste

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback and please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Stefan Bloemker
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My first time at the Hyatt Place and it's a good hotel. Close to the airport with hotel shuttles running through the day until 11pm. Out if hours a taxi is about 20 Euro. I was driving from the UK and whilst I found the hotel the roads locally have changed and my current up-to-date sat nav didn't have the new roads and the journey was a little more difficult than it should be. If you want to go out in Amsterdam Central it's not difficult to get to by public transport but the hotel is definitely out of the way. You need to get a shuttle to the airport and then a train to Amsterdam Central. Takes about 45 minutes or more but getting a taxi from the Hyatt can take a little time. If you would rather get a taxi to Amsterdam Central it costs about 60 Euro. Getting back late at night is easier with trains running every hour through the night and taxis are plentiful at the airport. But I guess if you stay here you may not want to go into Amsterdam in which case it's ideal. The hotel is new, clean and I'd stay again, but it is out of the way.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoofddorp
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Novotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Schiphol

Been to Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!