“Smooth transfer from AMS to Hotel made everything better”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel De Beurs

Hotel De Beurs
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Hoofddorp
“Smooth transfer from AMS to Hotel made everything better”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked this hotel through www.hotels.nl. We need to stay only one night to catch another flight. Their previous reviews at any other web site were not rated high enough to convince booking whether to chose or not; however they stayed close contact to answer all our questions and request (i.e. provided enough information that how much their shuttle costs and picking up time etc before we arrived at their hotel). When we arrived AMS, Hotel owner were holding sign with our name waiting for us at the meeting place near arrival gate on the fist floor at AMS.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed in the Hotel De Beurs for one night. I had one day in Amsterdam before flying off to Accra (Ghana), so I wanted to be close to the airport.

While the town of Hoofddorp isn't that far from Schipol Airport, any visitor should take into account that taxis in Holland are damned expensive, so for what you pay in a taxi, you could probably pay the difference for an equal or better hotel closer to Schipol Airport. In my other trips to Amsterdam, I have taken hotels right by the airport, or in Amsterdam, and given the options, unless you have a really early flight, I would recommend just paying for a good hotel in central Amsterdam, as from Centraal to Schipol is around 20 minutes by train.

However, saying that, Hotel De Beurs was a nice place to stay, and my main negative point is the fact that as a tourist you are pretty reliant on taxis to get around. I thought Hoofddorp was a lovely little town, and had a bit of a wander around before heading to the airport to fly out to Accra. The rooms were quite reasonably priced, and very neat. I recall that after flying from Australia-Singapore-Amsterdam, I was very tired, and arriving at the crack of dawn, I looked around Amsterdam a bit, then headed to the hotel at around 2pm. I fell asleep and woke up at about 10pm. Luckily, the restaurant next door to the hotel was still open so I could get some dinner.

The hotel had a buffet breakfast, which was typical Dutch fare - lots of cold cuts & cereals. I think I had some cereal & fruit, as I think if I wanted scrambled eggs, I had to pay.

If you want to stay out of Amsterdam, and you don't mind taxis, I would say it's ok, but otherwise I stay closer to the city or airport.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed at hotel the Beurs on September 3rd for one night.
Upon arrival I was welcomed by the lady / ladies at the reception desk. They were very friendly and answered some of the questions I had.
Check in was a breeze and I was given a room on the third floor ( which is their top floor ).
The rooms are small and basic, but very well kept. They only thing that was really lacking was an airco unit. It was quite warm outside and my room faced the sun, which caused the temperatures to climb to uncomfortable levels.
The hotel is centrally located and close a mall. Those travelling to or from Schiphol airport and want to use a hotel off the airport grounds could very well pick this aiport as it is about a 10 / 15 minute drive from the airport.
Breakfast is good, you have various items to choose from.
Upon booking I found a good deal, € 75 ( $ 90 ) including breakfast which I thought was a fair price. In their brochure which I found in the room it stated that the roomrates started at €92 without breakfast which i thought was pretty steep. I personally would not pay that price.
The hotel offers a late check out, which will cost you €10,- per hour.
This was my second stay at this hotel and I will stay again if I find myself a good deal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I arrived for a one night layover after a long flight from Australia - this equals very tired, and at 7.30pm - very hungry. I got to the desk and they told me that I was not to stay here, they had booked me into another hotel in their chain. I carefully selected this hotel on the internet to suit my budget (though not particularly cheap), but importantly, to be a cheap cab fare back to the airport for my 7.30am flight the next day. It took one hour before the next booked cab delivered me at the next hotel. The receptionist was misleading when she said the next one was the same distance - it was further and hence a more expensive cab fare. I started eating my dinner at 9.15 pm with no time beforehand to shower and enjoy my 'night out!' I booked my room in March - arrived in July. Hotel management had plenty of time to inform me that my booking would not be honored. I would not have accepted their more distant, "conscripted" choice! When reading the reviews below, perhaps it was best that they 'threw me out' of this unfriendly, uncourteous hotel.

Oh yes. They offer to reply to your questions when you book on-line. I asked if they have a hotel shuttle service. They never replied. I guess that meant 'no'. And perhaps, 'we don't care.'

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We did not stay at the hotel but went there for lunch with my Dutch daughter and grandson on May 2, 2011. The four of us took a tabe on the very nice terrace.
Service was deplorable! The young male waiter was clearly in no mood to serve us! The food was not good to say the least so we thought let's have a desert. We thought the Stroopwafel taart sounded interesting but it was yuckyyyyy - to the effect that, after having tasted it, we left it almost untouched.
When he finally served us the coffee it was lukewarm. When we called to complain (there is a call-button outside) he never came so I finally went inside and returned the coffee to him. His reaction: you can gyess, he was highly annoyed !
Too bad because the terrace is nice.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We were planning to visit Amsterdam and Keukenhof and found every hotel booked in advance so we went for this hotel. The hotel is in Hoofddorp but it is in the city centre and you get buses every 30 mins to Amsterdam and every 10 mins to Harleem. The place is cheaper as compared to other hotels in Amsterdam and bus stop is 2 mins walk. Keueknhof is 9.5 km from there. The bus route to Amsterdam is also very scenic which has canals and farm houses alongside. Although the room we got was a bit stinky but the linen and everything were clean. The hotel people are very helpful and there's a nice parking place. The hotel restaurants is also very nice. There are other eatings joints just 2 min walk from the hotel. The china restaurant nearby is very nice and serves nice authentic chinese food. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
H'sluis
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I stayed at Hotel de Beurs for one night ( 4th. sept = > 5th sept ). I participated in a 5k run and because the race started relatively early I decided to stay at Hotel de Beurs cause it was located close to the track.
The hotel is easy to find and is in a great location ( even for travellers needing to go to Schiphol airport ). The man at the reception desk was very friendly and I had no problems checking inn. The room was of good size, but for a 4 star hotel I expected a bit more. The walls were once white, a towel with a hole , a sheet with a hole and in the evening / night I found it was noisy too. You could here people walking => probably wooden floors.
Ammenities in the room were basic.
Breakfast was excellent. A good buffet with a lot to choose from. No complaints there. Just a tray would have been nice have.
The menu in the restaurant was good. i didn't eat there, so I cannot judge that.
If you are looking for a nice hotel and great location I would recommend this. If you are looking for a 4 star treatment then i suggest to go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business