“Really good value”
Review of Hotel Walram

Hotel Walram
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Valkenburg
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed 4 nights - bed, breakfast & evening meal with National Holidays on 3 countries tour. Extremely good value holiday in a beautiful location.
Local area had excellent choice of places to have a meal or drink & people seemed really friendly & welcoming.
Room was basic but clean & comfortable.
There was a small indoor pool but as we went out on so many trips we didn't get the chance to try it out.
Staff were pleasant & meals were more than adequate. Good choice of breads available at breakfast, nice fresh fruit & yoghurt, cereals or cooked breakfast, although not too sure about the baked beans on offer!
Pleasantly surprised at the standard of 3 course evening meal.
Would definitely recommend the tour, despite the long coach journey.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday in a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancymv

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in conjunction with a coach holiday.The room was clean and comfortable. toilet and shower excellent. We had a limited menu as we were in a party but the food was delicious and well presented. Staff were excellent. I would quite happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Didn't try the swimming pool or spa but it looked very clean
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter Y
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

What an excellent hotel. Rooms very nice and comfortable the food was of the highest standard the staff was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble from the reception bar area and restaurant staff. We would definitely go back there and visit a wonderful part of the Netherlands. We visited there on a national holidays coach trip to the 3 countries. On Monday 26th June for 5 days.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had read good reviews of this hotel before travelling but was still surprised at the standard of food, accomodation and service. We were booked in by National Holidays on their "Three Countries" tour and having had mixed experiences in Britain with National we were not certain of the standard we would find abroad.
However we need not have worried as all aspects of the holiday including location were of a hiogh standard. I didn't see any guests that were not part of a tour (including parties from the Netherlands, Scotland and Ireland) so I'm not sure if you could book in independently. So, if you are interested in the region I can recommend both the tour and the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StephenOldman
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Because of an early pick up the next day I packed my luggage the evening before departing. I left it in my locked room while I went down to dinner that evening. After that my luggage was with me all of the way home. On opening my luggage at home I discovered that all of my jewellery was missing. This jewellery was amassed over 49 years of birthdays and anniversaries value £30,000 but of far greater sentimental value. The hotel have not answered two letters I have sent them, obviously they do not care. Only hotel staff had access to the locked room and yet not only do they not accept responsibility, they also refuse to communicate in any way. The thief obviously chose the last evening knowing that any theft would go undetected until I had left the country. Note, the thief had access to room keys !!!

Room Tip: No room would be safe from this thief, so beware.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank gordonclamp
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Walram is in a very good position, just across the square to a supermarket and within easy walking distance of all the attractions on the town.
The public areas are well kept and the staff are efficient and helpful.
My room 224 at the back of the hotel was small but quiet. The décor was pretty and the bathroom was very clean.
The meals were good, with a buffet breakfast with plenty of choice.Dinners were good and all started with some type of soup, some interesting i.e. mustard soup.
Each evening we chose the dinner for the next day and there was meat or fish and I was told the fish was really good. Deserts were very prettily served. There is a PC for gusts to use.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back as the rooms at the front over look the square and can be lively. The...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank L M W
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel with a coach trip for four nights and I would not be giving an honest review if I did not say that the rooms were on the small side but this is the only criticism. The hotel is in a lovely position alongside the river in the centre of Valkenburg. The rooms are clean and the facilities are more than adequate. The breakfasts are substantial with everything you could possibly want and more. The evening meals were well cooked and extremely well presented and tasted delicious. The desserts were works of art and almost too good-looking to eat. The staff were friendly and outgoing and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side allow you to chill out and listen to running water if that is what you like
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple