very romantic chateau right outside of Maastricht. Main building contains the excellent restaurant where we had dinner, professional and nice service. There is also the SPA with a large indoor pool, sauna and steambath, A MUST!
our room was in a separate building with a small terrace with view on the surrounding fields. Room was large well equipped with good bedding. Good size bathrooms with unfortunately cheap China-made toiletries. The owner seems to have a very big ego because he puts his name on almost every item you can find in the room. Breakfast was really good served in a glasshouse
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvelous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HRS, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg