“Good value for monry”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valkenburg
Tourotel Valkenburg
Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Valkenburg
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Have stayed with John and his staff a few times now. The rooms are basic but clean. This is an ideal place for groups as John provides breakfast, dinner and packed lunch. Nothing is too much trouble for John. I look forward to our next visit

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Henstew

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked a trip with Anderson Tours visiting the cities mentioned above. The trip was quite well organized as usual. The driver is very professional and the coach was very comfortable, however, this hotel offered very poor services and facilities. The room I stayed was not welcoming- the furniture, the wall did not have a clean look and to make matters worse: the shower box got flooded every time I had shower. I confess, for the first time, I had a very bad experience in a hotel, which in my view is not a hotel, but a hostel. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone even in a budget. Overall, this trip was a disappointment, considering that Anderson's Team are quite good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2009

we stayed at the tourotel lots of times. we stay at the hotel every time we visit holland with a large group of children. the hotel is basic. it is clean. the food is good. you get breakfast, dinner and the kids even got packed lunches. the staff are so friendly and do speak english. john the manager is really really nice, he speaks perfect english and will do anything he can to for his guests. there is plenty to do in the area. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to people who are looking for a nace romantic holiday or honeymoon, but it is great for large groups and people who want some where cheap and cheerful to sleep. personally i have stay in this hotel 4 times and i am again in july this year and i have never woken up with flea bites or any insect bite for that matter.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank alisonw2008
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I was concerned when I read the other reviews about the hotel but the complaints are totally unfounded. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Yes the hotel was basic and in some cases the rooms were small but they were clean and were cleaned and tidied every day. The food was great, there were no complaints and the staff could not do enough for the 40 + students in our group. Where we had minor concerns these were sorted immediately by the owner. This is ideal for school groups and I would have no hesitation in booking our group in again. Just be aware that the hotel is on two sites with a busy road in between when making a risk assessment.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank EssexMaestro
Reviewed 15 January 2009

i went there on a school trip. our room was cramped, there was no window and our room spelt like urine. it was that bad we had to go and buy air freshner. whilst staying in the room i woke up in the morning with flea bites which i assume were from the bed covers., which were extremely itchy. My friend would be in the shower and the water would flood our room which got my suitcase soaked. We would go down to breakfast to be offered cereal coverd in flies. Also the restrant across the road was abismal there was no choice of food and the staff didnt speak english.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank hoskingcornwall
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Went there on a school trip. The holiday was fab. we had good fun but the accomadation was a dissapointment. The rooms were small and cramped. The room i stayed in was ment to have an "en-suite" but the door to access it from the bedroom was locked so you had to leave the room and go next door. My friend's room's "ensuite" consisted of a cupboard with a toilet and grotty shower. After my first night i was moved to a different room because hey had "more important people" coming!

I would not advise ANYONE to stay there.

A very unsatisfied customer!

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank kiplin1995
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Stayed there with a large school party and, although the beds were clean and the food was reasonable for a school trip, the rooms were apalling. The furniture, including the beds, was in very poor condition and the "en-suite" facilities consisted of a recess separated from the room by a grotty shower surtain in most cases - a cubicle in the bedroom in other words. The showers themselves were temperamental and in very poor condition with mould evident in every cubicle. The pupils were packed in to rooms with unstable bunk beds placed in front of windows. Definitely would not recommend this place unless you are travelling on a limited budget and just want somewhere to lay your head.

• Stayed: May 2008