“tired hotel, bad service”

Bastion Hotel Zoetermeer
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Zoetermeer
Madrid, Spain
“tired hotel, bad service”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I spent one night at this hotel as the other ones in which I normally stay were booked or did not get good rates.

Overall it was a dissapointing experience. After check-in, I found most of the lights of my rooms did not work, so it was very dark and I could not see anything in the bathroom. I requested this to be fixed. the employee told me he would send somebody. After 45 minutes waiting went again to the reception and they told me they were too busy now, but that in 15 minutes they would give me another room. So, after waking up at 6AM that day, arriving hotel at 9PM, I still had to wait more than hour before going to sleep. This is not acceptable.

Hotel looks quite tired and first floors (where I got my first room) need renovation. Second room was better, so I do not understand why they did not sent me there on the first instance. Internet was free of charge, so that is a good point. Breakfast was just ok, nothing special, but it was included in the rate. There is free parking outside of the hotel.

I will not go back to this hotel after this experience, as the rates are not low for what you become.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I have stayed at this hotel once before and remembered it to be convenient to the location of my meeting so decided to book it again for my return trip to Amsterdam. The service this time was superb. Reception staff were very helpful, helping me with my bags and when i also asked me to book a taxi for me the following morning all the taxi firms were all fully booked. Instead of giving up, the girl on reception tried about 6 or 7 different taxi firms until she found one available for the morning pick up.

As i was only there to sleep (arrived at 11pm and checked out at 8.30am) the room was comfortable and warm with some english TV channels and a nice big bathroom with hairdryer and a really good shower, also the window opens in the bedroom which is good when it is warm.

However the room they gave me was virtually ON the train track and the trains run all through the night so the noise was very bad. I actually jumped when the 1st one went passed as I wasnt expecting it and it was so loud. I was in Room 82, so suggest you ask for a room opposite to that side of the hotel, away from the train tracks which would be much quieter.

I thought 13 euros was far to expensive for a continental Breakfast (cereal / toast / yoghurts etc) so I skipped it.

This is a hotel for business, not leisure or sight seeing but was perfect for me as my meeting was only 5 minutes away by Taxi and also has free wifi which is great

on the subject of Taxis, it cost me 70 euros from the airport which i got after bargaining! apparently they are much more expensive from the airport due to the charges they have to pay to wait at the airport. It cost me 50 euros to go back to the airport and takes about 40 mins

I will be staying here again when i return for my next meeting, but book early as they seem to have a lot of regulars!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zoetermeer
Golden Tulip Zoetermeer - Den Haag
NH Capelle
NH Capelle
#1 of 1 in Capelle aan den IJssel
Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam - Nieuwerkerk
Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam - N...
#1 of 1 in Nieuwerkerk aan den Ijssel

Been to Bastion Hotel Zoetermeer? Share your experiences!