“Not bad, but far from true japanese”
Review of Shabu Shabu

Shabu Shabu
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Zoetermeer
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Is all you can eat formula does not do justice to the authentic japanese cuisine. Yes, the prices are low but you get what you pay for. Sushis made in advance and sometimes even luke warm when they are served. Staff are not unfriendly but make sure you dont try to speak japanese to them as they are all chinese as most of the popular all you can eat sushi places are nowadays.

The fish seems wuite fresh which is good, however, the whole shift formula annoys me. We were having some trouble with the tablet to order and were forced to leave eventhugh we had not finished yet. I come here pretty often but i might try another place in Zoetermeer as recently a new restaurant opened here.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

About 100 different small bites, mostly Japanese, some Korean, Chinese, US and fantasy. Generally fresh and well-made with few exceptions, e.g. kani sarada is bland and tasteless, while mango aroebera is surprising, innovative and creative. I found the sake teriyaki delightful.

The all-you-can-eat for a fixed price formula makes for a good to excellent deal, depending on eating capacity and willingness, but invites over-eating. Ordering by iPad is efficient, fast and avoids mistakes. Staff is a bit hurried and somewhat impersonal. Decoration generally OK, with some schmalzy touches (I could have done without the mannequin in kimono)

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I come here often, I like it. This restaurant is busy, often full, Make sure to make a reservation. Eventhough its often very busy, I never had to wait as long as in many restaurants in The Hague wich makes me fairly satisfied but do note this is a pour way to measure a service level ;) I never make it until the end of the rounds that you are allowed to order. Sometimes the sushi was falling apart a bit but it never tasted any less and I never got the impression things where not fresh. I get sick easily but nothing ever happened here. Definately going Again. A new all you can eat sushi opened in Zoetermeer also, I did not try it yet. Ps note that Shabu Shabu will move to a new location (bigger) soon. Sometimes its hard to hear each other cause it gets busy. Good for business or friends, NOT romantic: to massive.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This SHABU SHABU is the best quality " all you can eat" japanese restaurant I know. Last year the changed the menu and it is even better than is it already was before. Good Service. if you are in a hurry you can eat very fast. I am a regular japanese food eater,, both in " all you can eat" as well as in " a la carte" tepanyaki restaurants. Shabu Shabu comes close to al la carte quality.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The concept of this Japanese restaurant is unique. 5 rounds of maximum 5 dishes for diner.
If you can manage 4rounds you belong to the big eaters. Sushi was tasteful and is healthy.
All in all a good experience which I recommend to all