See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Wassenaar due to our friends recommendation. When we arrived after a 6 hours drive our room wasn't ready (and we where not the only one). We had to wait another hour to get into our room. During waiting there was no activity from the management for a free drink or similar which is from my perspective a must. However, the room was ok: a little bit noisy
and no a/c so it was hard for us finding refreshing sleep. Bed & shower are great and comfortable. We like the lounge area where you can relax and also have dinner/breakfast. Rates for food are slightly overpriced but within the range. Qualtiy of food is ok and also delicous. The breakfast is good and has everything you need for a good start into the day.
We can't find a restaurant in walking distance (25 minutes) so keep in mind you have to drive (or riding a bycicle) because of the nice countryside. For our next trip the Hotel is on our list

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

A lovely comfortable stay in wassenaar we will definitely use this hotel regularly.The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to assist this hotel is very clean and the resturantt evening meal was out of this world thankyou hotel wassenaar for making our stay so enjoyable

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Although the hotel is relatively new and the building is good in a decent area, the service was not good at all. I arrived on a Sunday night after having travelled for 24 hours, to find that the restaurant was closed and there was no room service. After complaining, I was invited to join the buffet that the conference taking place at the time was hosting, but found that there was nothing for a vegetarian to eat. On top of which, unknown to me (and not listed on their website) they do not provide any soap in the bathrooms, and - since the next day was a public holiday and the shops were still closed - I had to make do without soap for another 24 hours. Aslo, there was no internet in my room, although this is advertised, and after I complained, the front desk was indifferent to whether or not I could conduct my business from the hotel. I therefore had to sit in the lobby to get access, which was extremely frustrating. The next day there was yet another conference, and I was told to leave the lounge/lobby area as they were using it for a meeting, so I went into the restaurant in order to get internet access, only to find that there was no wifi in the restaurant either. When I wanted to order tea in the lounge, I had to carry it there myself. The list actually goes on and on, and in the end I would have changed hotels had it not been for the fact that all the others in the area were fully booked up. The only saving grace in this hotel is the wonderful young man in the restaurant (I unfortunately did not get his name) who went out of his way to try and help (even though he couldn't fix it all), when he saw how frustrated I was with all the problems. If you are a business traveller and need prompt service, avoid this hotel.

Room tip: Get a room close to the lobby area as this may facilitate wifi access. The further you get from the front desk, the weaker (read non existent) the signal becomes. Also stay away from the main raod (front of hotel) as the road gets quite noisy. Ask in advance if the restaurant will be open - it is often shut for functions and the guests are not notified in advance. Take your own soap!!
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KirstenLM11
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Me and a few friends were looking for a quieter place to stay that was away from large towns and ideal as a base to explore Holland. Arriving late on a Thursday we were informed that the restaurant was closed. By the hotel made arrangements to open it for us to have dinner which is something we didn’t expect. The rooms are pleasant and have been newly furnished and the bathroom is of a high standard. Breakfast was included and the choice was really good, everything was fresh and it was a great start to the day. We ate in the restaurant a number of times and the food was really good. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, the staff were always helpful and I would definately recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank HassanR
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here as we wanted to go to the Keukenhof Gardens and Delft and this hotel is located equal distance from both. The hotel is set in the countryside so a car is important. The hotel was only opened last year so it is very modern and minimalist. Our room was at the front facing the road and the traffic noise was noticeable at peak times. We found the bed extremely comfortable and our only criticism would be the lack of hooks or shelf to put clothes or toiletries on in the bathroom.
There was a comprehensive continental buffet breakfast and the food in the restaurant was very tasty. The staff were all very pleasant and we would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: A room at the back away from the road.
Date of stay: April 2012