We have just returned from a weeks holiday here, fabulous! We stayed with Eurocamp, caravan excellent: comfy beds (would you believe) a non-stick frying pan that was actually non-stick, all utensils, microwave, fridge freezer etc.., no TV but that didn't bother us, plenty to do onsite and in Wassenaar. Have stayed with Eurocamp before in France, but the staff here were excellent, very attentive, checked gas bottles, bbq's etc regularly.
Lovely clean site, maintenance always cleaning or repairing things straight away. Theme park, which is free to use for holiday guests, is within the campsite area and is great for the kids, (old and young!), my daughter loved it. The bonus is the Tikki Water Pool which has reduced fee for holiday guests of 3.50 euros for 2 hours which is plenty.
Wassenaar is literally just across the road, lovely town with great cafe bars/restaurants and an ice cream parlour you must try! Aldi and C1000 supermarkets are within the town and obviously cheaper than the onsite market if you are self catering.
The wide expanse of sandy beach is 4 km up the road, so better by car or bike for the day. Car parking at the beach is 5 euros for the day. Cafe bars, food stalls, and a play area are at the beach along with the hire of sunbeds/umbrellas if you want them.
We hired bicycles form the campsite, dutch bikes - brilliant! we all now want one. Enjoyed cycling round the country lanes where you can also see ambassadors residences.
The people are all friendly and nearly all speak english.
We took the train from Leiden into Amsterdam one day, that's an experience on double decker trains and on another day we used the park and ride facility at Olympisch Stadium just outside Amsterdam. The park and ride works out cheaper but it can be full, so recommend travelling mid to late afternoon to get a space - Amsterdam doesn't close at 5pm.
If you are into gardening there is a large garden centre just across the N44 main road, about 5 minutes from the site, which is brilliant, lovely things for the home as well as an array of plants/flowers that are a lot cheaper than here at home.
Overall a great holiday which was thoroughly enjoyed by all family members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying overnight at Holiday Park Duinrell, together with family or friends. Amidst nature, with the sea close by, surrounded by the cities of western Holland and with Scheveningen near by, you'll enjoy some well deserved recreation. An amusement park within an arms reach and the splashing of the Tiki Pool within a short distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and PitchUp so you can book your Duinrell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duinrell Holiday Camp Hotel Wassenaar
- Duinrell Wassenaar, South Holland