“in the center”

Reviewed 22 January 2012

2 minutes walk to the marketsquare , parking in front ,
free internet ,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Weymouth
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Tulip is a 'modern' dormitory-class hotel with basic, but clean, facilities. My room was peaceful with a good-sized wet-room, which included both bath and shower and the hot water temperature was excellent. There were no beverage-making facilities or mini-bar and the tv was an old 4:3 CRT model but offered a reasonably good spread of European channels.

Breakfast could be taken in a choice of two venues and the menu of hot and cold foods was acceptable and well presented. However, there was no plate-warmer for those wishing to have a hot breakfast with the usual result being food quickly going cold by the time you returned to your table to feast! I was with a group of 50 visitors and the consensus of opinion was that the coffee was not up to the usual standards found in Netherlands' hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MacAngus
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few years back with my family as we were going to the Eftling Theme Park in The Netherlands. The hotel was reasonably priced in comparison to paying for a themed hotel room at the park or paying for a hotel closer by. We had a 2 night deal with 1x dinner & 2x continental buffet breakfast. The room was clean, comfortable & sufficient with a queen sized bed & small bathroom.
Dinner service was nice (some items can be a little pricey) but lovely. The buffet breakfast was good & the staff helpful and friendly.

Overall nice, clean & comfortable, friendly hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MeyaLeno
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We have family in Breda; therefore, we have been "shopping" for a good hotel in that area. We have stayed at a B&B, the Novotel Breda, and the Tulip Inn Oosterhout. The Tulip Inn Oosterhout is right on the highway (VERY LOUD all day and all night). The beds do not have real mattresses - they have the foam blocks - which are very uncomfortable. We had a family room that was quite large. It had a very large King-size bed (which was great because my husband usually doesn't fit in European beds), a double-size sofa bed (great for our two young children - ages 3 and 5), and a table with chairs so we could eat in the room. Beware of bringing food in the room, though (we had a few bugs in the morning). The reception was not very helpful. I had asked for a squirt of windex to clean my glasses and they were "unable to help" because the room cleaners were "busy" (note that this was at 10 a.m.). I found a cleaner's cart in the hallway and cleaned my glasses. It was annoying that they couldn't at least direct me to one, though. The hotel is right next to a McDonalds - which for us was bad. We do not like to eat at McDonalds; however, our kids enjoy the "Happy Meal toys," so that created some conflict for us. There is a grocery store nearby the hotel and it is very convenient to Efteling. Parking was free, so that was a plus as well. We wouldn't stay there again, though. We stayed there for two nights and then went to the Novotel Breda for two nights. We enjoyed the Novotel Breda far more and found the price to be comparable. The Novotel Breda was also very clean, comfortable, and quiet (see my review about that). ;)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Oosterhout hotels

Devon, UK
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We had two rooms for the night, one normal double-bed one, and one for our three teenage kids. Their room was great, it was a good amount larger and had a round table at which we could all sit and play card and board games together. There is a McDonalds very close by, within a few seconds' walk from the front door, so we had our tea there, in the outdoor McDonald area. The breakfast was buffet-style with additional hot food served fresh from behind a counter for you; varied, interesting food. Something for every palate. The staff we met were friendly and helpful, and the feel was generous and easy.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
CoogMeister
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Arriving at this hotel my expectations were not high. It looks pretty basic from the outside, more like a motorway service area than a hotel but I have to say that the young lady on reception was very friendly helpful and efficient. Well she was helpful except that she recommended the restaurant but more of that later.

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It was huge with a nice big bath as well as a shower. Big double bed and a great big table to put both of my lap tops on. I have stayed in hotels with smaller rooms of lower quality and paid more. It was a very nice room. Shame I had to pay for the internet though.

Downstairs the restaurant was a different story. Although the staff were also very friendly the chef was useless. My Dover Sole had been cooked for so long that it resembled shoe leather. I didn’t know you could get fish to do that! It was so horrid and dry I had to send it back.

Breakfast was awful. I cam down at around 09:30 and most of the buffet had gone. One of the 3 choices of cereals had run out as had the sausages. The coffee was warm at best and I could not find any plates. What few staff were still on didn’t seem that interested in serving the lacklustre breakfast.

The conference rooms looked very good and its really convenient for the motorway and adjoining busienss park

I will defiantly stay here again but I will have dinner elsewhere and breakfast in McDonalds across the car park.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 February 2010

The Tulip Inn is located right by the A27 freeway so if you are travelling through and just need a place to stay it has an excellent location. For my purposes it is handy for business (had meetings very close to it) but the locations is boring since it is some way from the city centre (or what you wish to call the central parts of Oosterhout).

There is nothing really wrong with the hotel. The rooms are fairly large but there is still the appearance of things not being very modern. The room I stayed in first (I will later get to why I changed rooms) was on the first floor facing the yard (which made it quiet). It was very cold when I checked in since the window was slightly open and it was below zero outside. Not very smart to leave the windows open.

The room had a large bed which was ok to sleep in (not at all as comfortable as the 'sister' hotel the Golden Tulip in Oosterhout). There was a good sized desk where I actually could get some work done. Wifi was not included in the room price but from some rooms (for example this one) it is possible to reach McDonalds wifi which is free. The bathroom is probably the nicest thing about the room, it had both a shower and a separate tub. That is something I really think adds something.

I had a good first nights sleep but when I woke up to a have a shower in the morning there was no hot water. After a while the reception claimed that the water was back on but possibly it was not freezing anymore but still very cold. It meant a very quick shower. Getting back to the hotel at night I felt it best to have a really nice and long warm shower - to my surprise there was no hot water. A call to the reception and they said that there was no problem with the water. I was offered a change of rooms which I accepted. Collecting all my things and going down I just opened the door to the new room and and had to turn around at once. The new room reeked of smoke - I told the reception they said it was a non-smoking room (after a while someone managed to provide the information that it used to be a smoking room and that it had perhaps not been fully renovated after that). Tried once again with a new room - this time I had about 1 minute of hot water so I had the time to step into to shower at least. Not much they could do - they called someone that would come in the morning to fix it and it worked reasonably well in the morning (still not as hot as it should be). All in all not very pleasant but the staff were truly friendly and did their best to help.

I also had breakfast at the hotel and it was actually rather nice. The buffet is pretty standard but the fact that they actually make the eggs and bacon on order is fresh and nice.

Summary: Pretty decent but not fantastic. It is also a bit pricey for the standard.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oosterhout
Charme Hotel
Novotel Breda
Novotel Breda
#6 of 16 in Breda
Van der Valk Hotel Gilze-Tilburg

Been to Tulip Inn Oosterhout? Share your experiences!