Hotel Theater Figi
US$104
Agoda.com
US$68
US$64
Hotel Bergse Bossen(Driebergen)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$104
Hotels.com
US$92
US$89
Landgoed de Horst(Driebergen)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewstrain stationrooms are spacioussmall townbusiness staydeep bathtuboutstanding servicebulb fieldscentral locationbuffet breakfastvery nice hotelexecutive roomenjoyed our stayscrambled eggsnice staffhallutrechtslot
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Not overly impressed by this hotel. I stayed one night and the room was really spacious, but the layout was really odd. None of the sockets were in useful places, with most in the corners of the room where there was no furniture and none near the table that held the Tv which was the only piece of furniture you could use as a desk.

The bed was really comfy and the shower lovely and big, but the smell from the drains in the bathroom was awful.

The worst thing for me was that the hotel is situated opposite a lovely building that looks like a town hall, and the clock strikes every single hour. I had stupidly thought it might stop late in the evening, but no, every single hour you heard the appropriate number of chimes, and believe me, I heard all but 1 and 2am! Hence I didn't get a very good night's sleep and was looking forward to a nice big breakfast. Hmm....very disappointing, the only thing I could find that I fancied was some fruit (that hadn't been washed) and a couple of bread rolls. I am not really a ham or cheese person in the mornings and the selection was extremely poor given the cost (19 euros)

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the clock chimes opposite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My friends and I spent a week in The Netherlands before embarking on a cruise ship out of Amsterdam for 12 days. We selected Hotel Theater Figi because it was centrally located in the country, and each place we visited was an hour in any direction. Although we didn't have breakfast there each morning, which was supplied by relatives who live 5 blocks away, we did have continental breakfast on our last morning. The hotel was very well priced, about $350 for 6 nights, including free parking. The rooms were neat, very clean, quite comfortable beds, and perfect after a long day of visiting and sight seeing. The first night, a Saturday, however, we were kept up all night by the bar crowd in the street below. We had terrible jet lag after flying over night from the U.S., so needed the sleep. But the partiers were in full swing and we got no rest. The next morning we asked to be moved to a quiet side of the hotel; the management told us that the rest of the week would be quiet so we took our chances. They were right. It was quiet and peaceful. So I guess the warning is not to stay there on a Saturday night, at least in a room that overlooks the street. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and made our stay quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: No spa or gym to work out in. Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The mattresses are very soft - making turning over in the night a bit difficult - and are combined with rock hard pillots, which doesn't help.

The room was clean, quiet and covered all the things you need in a hotel room.

Breakfast if fab - all bases covered, the orange juice is great! If you can get a good price I can think of few places better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 5 top floor, our bed was broken, whilst we reported this nobody fixed it !! We stayed 2 nights and they didn't vacuum the floor, there was still hair in the bath from other guess (juk!!!!!) complaint but staff just say yes sorry but didn't resolve it - eg useless !

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I presently have occasion to visit Zeist on business and have recently stayed three times at the Hotel Theater am Figi in the centre of town.

I am normally pretty jaundiced by the entire affair of hotel nights, as I have travelled extensively and get pretty fed up with the entire process but, after three stays with the same impressions after each I think a positive view is in order.

First tip, you should look around for prices; they are very variable and some really good deals can be found on the booking sites if you are lucky. You can certainly book here for less than 50% of the rack rate on a good day.

Second tip, the bar at the back of the hotel through the gathering area outside of the theatre is to be recommended, all you have to do is persevere and find it.

The rooms here are enormous by modern day standards, wifi is free, albeit a little slow and perhaps a touch intermittent and the location is very good. All of the staff I have met have been friendly, professional and helpful. The beds are comfortable, with good mattresses and bedding, always a litmus test and breakfast is good but, if you want eggs freshly prepared to avoid the shoe leather that passes for scrambled eggs in the warming plates (which looked like it had been prepared the previous day) then order as soon as you arrive in the restaurant, as I think they send someone out to find the hens while you wait, my only criticism.

As to the most important question,"Will you return?" I have and I shall. QED.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business