“fantastic!!!!!!!!”
Review of Magic Ice

Magic Ice
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Svolvaer
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great museum with many sculptures of different artists from around the world, drinks in ice glasses were "strawberry of the dessert"

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The dockside warehouse that houses this attractions does not give you any great expectations, but this should not put you off. Somehow if you are going to visit an exhibition of ice sculptures Havneteminalen feels like the right place. There is no doubt that in telling a story of the local fishing and whaling industry of days gone by some of the ice sculptures have tremendous impact but they did not have the detail that we had seen on the ice sculptures in the snow hotel. It was clear that some of the lights in the light and sound show were not working and some of the sculptures had pieces broken off and missing. If I went back to the area with other family members would I take them to Magic Ice? Yes I probably would. Would I build up there hopes that they were going to see something special? No I would not.

1  Thank st8sman
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We decided to pop in here as a quick break to stretch our legs from the Hurtigruten and it was good fun. It's essentially the handiwork of a crazy person who lives on an island in the middle of nowhere, but a good laugh with some great sculptures, good photo ops and a well-stocked bar. If you happen to be killing time in Svolvaer (the commuter hub of the north) then it's a bit of a laugh.

1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was really looking to this attraction but I have to say it was disappointing. The gallery is filled with ice sculptures but they looked like they had melted somewhat as they were lacking in detail and definition. Not worth the 95 NOK admission fee.

If you are visiting on a Hurtigruten cruise and want a drink in an ice cocktail glass, go immediately to the bar before you walk around looking at the sculptures. Otherwise you won't have time to enjoy it before the ship departs.

2  Thank Andi S
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Neat ice glasses, carved at that! The statues were amazing and the coloured lights made it even more special. We did take some pictures with our mobile phone but they didn't come out too good - shame as I would have loved to have shared them..
This is not the sort of place you visit on a regular basis (unless of course you live in the area..) well worth the visit.
We visited this pace whilst on a trip on the Hurtigruten's Midnatsol - our ship docked here for a few hours, so we thought "why not"
Fabulous experience.. and I fully agree with the other review of Michelle f.. how often do you get to see a place like this and sit on pelts to stop your bum from freezing to the carved ice chairs??? :o))