Kunstnerhuset Lofoten
Hurtigrutens Hus(Stokmarknes)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed there on driving holiday trough North Norway. Difficult to find place was the first impression. Very friendly welcome by the host the second. Room basic, shared bathroom (with a few other rooms). Also access to shared kitchen and lounge. Primarily for artists to stay for some time. Some rooms rented out to tourists. So we met some interesting people. Nice place to stay and having a kitchen to uses is big plus in Norway looking at restaurant food prices. Shared bathroom and the price (of £100) for what is essentially a posh student home cost it 2 stars. The 3 starts awarded mainly on atmosphere and the nice host. Would go again though if in the neighbourhood.
Hotel is in walking distance to town centre (about 10 to 15 min)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janpki
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This lodge is a place for artists to get insperarion and you will see that from the art hiding around the place.

The main reason we came was to get a view of northern lights and thats what we got :D

You can also walk to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We loved staying here, the room (room 2) was very cosy and had everything we needed. The kitchen is fully equipped and the sitting room has a good TV and sofas. Above all the whole place is spotlessly clean, and very well run.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Kunstnerhuset I lofoten. As a single traveller I found it so friendly and relaxed on arrival and throughout. I loved the views from all around the hotel which were much better than expected from somewhere of good value. I took many pictures from my bedroom window alone.
The reception area is so homely and the accommodation is bright throughout. If you sleep light, just take ear plugs!. Its not noisy at all, but it does have thin walls like everywhere else.
An excellent place to say and I will certainly come back again and recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank AngieCruse
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Rooms are warm and confortable, kitchen and livingrom are very large and well furnished.
It's located at 10 mins walk to the city center and supermarkets.
The owner is very kind and we met interesting people in there.
Totally suggested!