We've just returned from our second stay at the Tivoli Victoria Hotel. We had a brilliant 6 day stay. We arrived at 10.30am and were given our rooms several hours early. were just in time for breakfast. Breakfast here is just fantastic. Every type of fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, cold meats, yogurts, juices and of course a huge selection of cooked items to choose from.
I don't understand the review which stated that there was only tinned fruit. I didn't see any.
Dinner is available as a buffet ( different theme every night) which costs €35 and includes water, soft drinks and beer / wine. The waiters are very generous at topping up the glasses!! Children under 12 are free.
The main pool area is just great and has free WIFI. It's also very well staffed with pool boys to move sunshades or find you a sunbed if it's busy though there are plenty to go around. In fact were always able to find plenty even at 11.30am.
Criticisms would be that pool snacks are very overpriced €14 for a club sandwich and €8 for a very basic soggy cheese toastie. This found is not of the same standard as breakfast or dinner.
The restaurant was very busy most nights although a lot of people go down to the marina to eat. We didn't bother as we just wanted to chill out without driving/ getting taxis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal