Stayed at this hotel for five nights in August 2012. Hotel was five star all the way. Very friendly staff on check-in. We arrived at 10am and so room was not ready as expected but i was provided with changing facilities and towels to relax at beautiful pool area. Room still not ready by 3pm and was provided with complimentary drinks to compensate which was nice touch. Room was worth waiting for though. Very spacious, with most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Bath big enough for two and separate shower. Flat screen tv with english channels for soaps etc so nice to relax before dinner. Gym was fine and enough to just keep yourself in bit of shape. Pool area and views were amazing..drinks 5 euro for glass of wine or large beer so that was fine but soft drinks poured from a large coke bottle and 3.50 euro for small glass and same for small bottle of water is bit on expensive side. Food also quite expensive and on the small side portion wise. I would suggest doing a small shop for soft drinks, water etc if you have kids as there is a fridge in room. The pool was busy but everyone very friendly. There is one main pool area with a childrens pool beside it and an adults only pool 2 minute walk away if u want peace and quiet. Loungers were very comfortable with cushions and parasols. Breakfast was excellent with great choice and served til 10.30am which was appreciated. Bit of a que at this time tho so 9.30 was better time to eat if you were not out too late the nite before. The pool was that nice that we didn't travel anywhere during the day but the shuttle bus runs at 7 times a day at appropriate times. 7.30pm, 8.30pm and 9pm in the evening to get into the sister hotel situated right in the marina area. It is a brilliant service and well needed as we wouldn't have even considered walking the distance into villamoura. It is approx 7 miles and 8-12 euro in a taxi. Taxis were quite difficult to get during our stay and no reason was offered. One tip is def don't que at taxi rank beside marina and just hail a taxi near the mcdonalds resteraunt as this is quicker fare back to hotel. All in all an excellent hotel with free wifi in many areas except bedroom which is good to escape life back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Debuting Anantara’s authentic luxury in Europe, Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort offers a landmark of quiet prestige, along southern Portugal’s picturesque Algarve coast. Immerse in Vilamoura’s glamour from a tranquil retreat, overlooking the Oceanico Victoria golf course. Revealing a journey of local artistry, the hotel’s sculptures, artwork, paintings and installations create a contemporary Portuguese gallery. Signature luxuries embrace you in spacious rooms, indulgent suites and penthouse prestige. Relax on elegant terraces, refreshed by rolling golf greens and cerulean pools. Feel renewed by spa pampering that draws on healing Algarvian traditions, exploring a unique Ayurvedic philosophy that is exclusive in the region. Drift between five beautiful pools. World-class facilities welcome families with fun dining, creative clubs for kids and teens. Poolside Champagne cabanas refresh relaxation with decadence. Emotive fine dining fuses Portugal’s spice trading discoveries. Al fresco decks romanticise sundowners. Wine Guru journeys swirl stories of local heritage vines. Love and family celebrations are tailored impeccably with Dining by Design. Just moments from golf-side tranquillity, Vilamoura is an energising celebrity enclave of desirable boutiques and glittering nightlife. Sunshine glows on golden beaches. Vilamoura Marina is the place to see, be seen and embark on sailing voyages. The Algarve’s zest flourishes as you explore wineries, olive groves and luminous fleur de sel fields. Time spent at the golf club on our doorstep, and over 30 nearby courses, is seamlessly arranged by our Golf Guru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort Portugal