We have stayed at the Tivoli Victoria twice before so this was our third stay & we were keeping our fingers crossed that it would not have gone downhill since our last visit. Happily we found that it hadn't. The hotel is still in excellent condition which I was happy to see as being four years old now I wouldn't have been surprised to see scuff marks on the walls & a general sense of needing a refresh.
As before we booked a junior suite & this was lovely. The rooms are very spacious, nicely decorated & the balcony is great with a superb day bed on it which is just perfect for flopping on after a hard day sunbathing! Housekeeping came twice a day so the room was kept spotless & we were topped up with the delicious smelling toiletries. The bed is incredibly comfortable & for two people who are always travelling on business we can genuinely say that we've never slept so well in any other hotel. The rooms are also exceptionally well insulated against noise which is an absolute bonus for us regular travellers used to being woken up by noisy corridors & those occasional inconsiderate fellow guests!
We stayed on a b&b basis so because we like the restaurants at the marina & elsewhere on the algarve we only ate breakfast in the hotel. This was excellent. A fabulous buffet breakfast with all you could ask for be it continental or hot. My hubby particularly loved the omelette making lady & had a freshly made omelette every morning. All the food was fresh & well presented & the breakfast staff worked very hard at keeping it constantly replenished. The staff were very friendly & polite & even though there were a number of small children & babies there during our stay the breakfast room was large enough to not feel like they were taking over.
The pools are lovely, we stuck to the smaller pool as it was closer to our room & though it was far busier than the last time we stayed it was still possible to relax with a book & not have to listen to shrieking guests!
The only gripe I have is that like other reviewers I find the shuttle bus timetable a little lacking. The hotel is a good 5 to 10 minute drive from the marina & restaurants & for some reason taxis are hard to order from the hotel (no problem getting them back) so the bus is really your only option if you are car less. Each night a huge queue gathered & you had to be there at least 15 minutes before departure if you wanted to be sure of a seat. It would be far better if from 1830 the shuttle bus ran on a half hour basis until 2130 as this would ensure that everyone got a seat & also could go to the marina at a time that suited them rather than the set times of 1900 & 2030. If it went every half hour just for that period of time then it would avoid everyone cramming at once & then being disappointed if they didn't get on.
All in all though we had a lovely relaxing stay & despite the bus gripe we would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Vilamoura, the Tivoli Victoria is pure sophistication. From the amazing rooms to the panoramic views out over the beautiful fairways of the Oceanico Victoria Golf Course, designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer, the surroundings of this 5 star resort make it an authentic 360º experience. For Conferences, events and meetings which require the highest quality, the facilities at the Tivoli Victoria include rooms with a total area of 900 m2 and capacity for up to 950 people as well as the latest in audio-visual technology. And for pure leisure, at this hotel near the beach in Vilamoura in the Algarve, take a dip in one of the 4 amazing swimming pools (one exclusively for adults - +16 years - from 1 July to 30 September) or sit down to some culinary delicacies prepared our chefs in one of our many restaurants and bars. For a touch of the Far East, revive your spirits by pampering yourself at the Elements Spa by Banyan Tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Prestigia and Hotels.com so you can book your Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve